Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 09:05 AM

Does anyone know roughly what the rates are for the spas. The wife wanted a massage on our first day out and was concerned about the cost .
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 AM

Take her to a massage school for 30 bucks, they take Hours and are better than spending 150 bucks for 30 minutes. If you must do it on the ship, book asap on board, and book as late in the cruise as possible, as they will offer specials toward the end.

David Landry
Old 05-10-2005, 09:40 AM

chevy,
Depends on what you are interested in, but I just got off the Explorer of the Seas and a "Seaweed Massage" was about $175 and the "Spa Taster" was $99. Then there were various other options in between.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 AM

Ooops - forgot to mention those were the regular prices and usually they run specials on the first day out.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-10-2005, 12:34 PM

Every evening you find in your stateroom the cruise today and they also offer every day a specialty for the spa. I took a hot-stone-massage, which costs 89 $, it was some minutes less than the normal massage, but the price for the normal massage was about 139 $.

But if you find an offer you like, you have to be early in the spa, to make a reservation for this special offer.

And you have to add on this price of cause the service charge from 15 %.

So, its really expensive, but I must say, I really enjoyed it, and it was my 50th birthday.

@ David: like your new titles, I thought already for a long time, that experienced cruiser is not enough as a discription for you.

Best regards from old Germany with really bad weather to the US,

Marita

Old 05-10-2005, 01:35 PM

Marita
Thanks for the confidence builder. In all seriousness, I won't be serious. Just come and visit and post often!
David Landry
Old 05-16-2005, 09:34 PM

So are you better off getting a first day, or a last day reservation. If they both have reduced rates, maybe I'll do both:-)
Old 05-16-2005, 09:36 PM

Its best to make a last day reservation on the first day. If a special comes up for less money, you can always rebook at the lower rate.

David Landry
Old 05-17-2005, 05:31 AM

Depending on your interest in the shore excursions and port activities - they always offer "Port Day Specials". Since so many people are off the ship they like to entice you to stay aboard. That would be my option (particularly if it is a port I have been to frequenty).

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-18-2005, 07:09 AM

I "treat" myself to a 1 1/2 hour massage every 6 weeks at home and finally tried a massage at sea last year. Very disappointed. I "think" that unless you specifically ask for a deep tissue massage, they are very careful not to massage too vigorously or deeply in the event they hurt something that "ruins" your vacation. I did not feel refreshed when she was done like I do at home. I paid $100 for a 1 hr. and at home, I pay $80 for 1.5 hours.

I think that, if you really want to have fun doing something at the spa, that you might want to wait until later in the cruise and then try something "different" like a hot stone massage or a seaweed wrap or a skin polishing. You might get a deal, it's something different and you should still enjoy the "treat".

CamperMom

Closed Thread