Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 AM

We are going on the 5night western caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale in October, and our Travel agent told us that we are not allowed on the ship until 1pm. He also has us taking the first flight out of philly which will get us to Fort Lauderdale around 10am. He suggested we hang out in the airport until noon then head to the port. Is this accurate?

Paradisus Resorts
Old 01-30-2007, 09:42 AM

Hello. Our last cruise, on the Freedom, we got to the port at 1130, and were on board by noon. Our room wasn't ready yet, so we hung out at the pool bar . I can't remember if the rooms were ready at 1 or 2 pm. They tell you when you board. I personally would get there by noon, if nothing else to get in line earlier. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-30-2007, 09:55 AM

I agree with Lil'Lori. I'd rather be hanging around a the port than at the airport, just in case they let you board early. You should be in the Windjammer enjoying a fantastic lunch before 1:00 pm.

Sonny
Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 AM

I agree with both the above. We were told 2PM but got there at 11AM. We still had to wait, but got on before 2 and had lunch.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 AM

I agree. As a veteran of 11 cruises we always get to the port by 11:30 and are on the ship usually by 12:30. Although your room may not be ready you may be able to drop your carry-ons in the room. Then you can get lunch, tour the ship, and start the cruise early.
I am also an airline pilot. If at all possible it is always advisable to go the day before the cruise. All it takes is a mechanical or bad weather to delay a flight. I know it adds to the expense, but you can usually find a hotel for a reasonable amount and it's a good excuse to start the vacation early. We usually stay a little away from the port and rent a car. Most car rental agencies have a drop off right at the port and shuttle you to the ship. At makes for a fun "night before."
Most likely the flight will be in plenty of time, and since you have an early flight it does give you options, but I would still recommend if all possible going early.

Enjoy the cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, board, cruise