Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 12:57 PM

I have never been on a cruise before and not being a person that just lightly tests the waters before jumping in I booked a 7 night Greek Isles/Turkey cruise on the Splendour of the Seas departing 16th of July from Venice. Has anybody been on her before. We will be staying in cabin #6028. Any info about the cabin, the ship, what to pack, what not to pack, tips from those with the great knowledge of cruising. Anything would be helpful.

Also one of my friends has taken several cruises but never with RCL. He had told be there there is almost always a chance that you can upgrade upon arrival at the ship if space is availb. and that it is often very cheap to do so. Is that true? I would guess that most of the ships sail full or very close to it. But if anybody has any info on how to do this it would be great to hear from you.

Thank you everybody for you time.
Jon
Old 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Well, I'm going on my second cruise in little over 20 hours and can't wait! You'll probably want to pack an iron, as many ships don't seem to have them. (I guess because of the fire hazzard) Also, the formal nights are Tuxedo events, so pack accordingaly.
Also, I have some friends that are serious cruisers (multiple times per-year, very annoying!) and they loved the Splendour of the Seas, so I'd feel comfortable in your decision!
I really hope you have a great time, and that you cruise in the future again!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 PM

Hi Jon,

we have been on the Splendour last november for the Transatlantic cruise. You can find my english review on CruiseReviews or on our website: www.oppermann-wuppertal.de
Ive tried to write about anything somebody may ask about the ship, the crew, the dress codes, prices and more.

Hope it will help: Atlantik 2005.

Best wishes
Marita

Old 07-07-2006, 10:26 AM

Hi Jon,
Please let us know all about your trip. I'll be on the Splendour in September for the 7 day Greek Isles trip.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:31 PM

Great write up Marita. It sounds like it is overall a nice ship. I would like to know what it is like since the refit this past spring.

I will do a write up when I get back. I will be heading over to prague on Sat. and then work my way down to Venice for the cruise. After that it is 3 weeks in Eastern Europe and then home. So it will be a bit unless I can get to a computer.

I'm still hoping to hear from anybody that might know about upgrading our cabin on the day of arrival if space is avail. and whether or not RC gives any kinds of deals.

Jon
Old 07-07-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I'm still hoping to hear from anybody that might know about upgrading our cabin on the day of arrival if space is avail. and whether or not RC gives any kinds of deals.
Go to this link for information regarding upgrades.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:02 AM

Voodoo,

I have had the time of my life on cruises. I have been on the Splendor four times and have loved everyone. She may be a little old now but she is still a great ship. Splendor is a great size and has everything RCCL is known for. Large ship for the number of passengers so it will not be crowded like some other RCCL class ships. Good food, if you have children they will have a wonderful time, and Europe is eye opening. The Solarium late at night is the perfect place to relax .Regarding packing, pack light. You will regret bringing a lot of stuff when you are traveling through Europe. Bring clothing that you can mix and match. Laundry mats are also widely available and do not seem to appealing during a trip but your back will thank you later. Don't be affraid about asking for an upgrade when you arrive at check in. Enjoy Europe and remember to be open minded. Also try to arrive a day early to Venice as you will never want to leave. I hope you have a great cruise!

John
Old 07-08-2006, 01:39 PM

Interested in summer cruisers on Splendour of the Seas...condition of ship post drydock renovations and quality of food. We'll do transAtlantic in October and only 2nd time on a cruise. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:56 AM

I'v been on the Splendurs sister Legend of the seas for my first cruise. I loved it. Hop u luv it 2!

Read and post cruise reviews]
Old 07-09-2006, 11:41 AM

Havent been on the Splendor but just took my 1st cruise in June on the Mariner and had fun. Some 1st time cruiser advice....get the perscription patches for behind your ears so you dont get seasick,sit at a group table for dinner we met some great people and had fun hearing all about where they were from, and take your camera w/ you everywhere if possible there is always a photo opt !!! Have a great time !!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carribean, cruise, greek, iron, isles, july, night, pack, packing, renovation, reviews, royal, seas, spendour, splendour