Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 07:13 PM

Is the RCCL CruiseCare protection plan allready included in the total cruise-price, and what does the program include?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:35 PM

It depends, if you called the cruise line direct and got a quote, then they probably had it added into the total because they like to push their insurance. However; when giving you the quote they should tell you that the bottom line includes insurance. Then you have the option to accept or not. If you get a quote from a Travel agent, they may or may not quote with insurance. They might give you a quote without, but tell you about the options of different insurances. When looking on line, many websites automatically have insurance added in with the option to "opt out".
Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 AM

This time I booked at rccl.com, wich means I haven't spoken to either TAs or RCL by phone. What can I expect from online booking? Do any of you use this insurance program? Do I need it at all when having ordinary travel insurance?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:38 PM

We always get the Insurance. You never know what can happen. We've only had to use it once. And I am so glad we had it.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-06-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JuniorCruiser:
Is the RCCL CruiseCare protection plan allready included in the total cruise-price, and what does the program include?
Not a heck of a lot. I wouldn't buy the cruise line's insurance. Find it elsewhere, it will be much more inclusive, like med-evac for patient and those traveling with the patient for example.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Ummm... evac is is for medical emergencies and will not include those traveling with the evac person. That's not up to the insurance provider, it's up to the helecopter crew. It is very rare for them to allow even a spouse aboard the helecopter. They are there to save your life not consider the grief and feelings of family or friends. They do make exceptions on very rare occasions for one parent of minor children if there is space available out of the trauma care providers way.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 AM

Ummm...here is a typical plan. Maybe evac of traveling companion is not routine but this type of plan is far better than what the cruise lines have to offer: This is a pdf format.
http://www.travelinsured.com/TIDocuments/Product%20PDF%...enefit%20Summary.pdf
Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 PM

Ken, I certainly agree that most of the outside coverages (the one you posted included) are far better than cruiseline plans. I just didn't want anyone to thing the med-evac would cover family and friends. I read this policy and it does not either. It's simply up to the plan to cover costs not decisions on who will accompany the patient in such an emergency. With $1M in transportation this policy would not only be more than adequate coverage for evac it would also cover the cost if needed to get home via private chartered medical transport once stabelized. A very good policy.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 PM

So, do I need to call RCL if I want this insurance?
Or does it happens automatically?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 AM

I would call them to be on the safe side. The biggest reason I get it is for the cancellation protection before the cruise. You never know if you will get sick just before the cruise and have to back out, epecially with children. I am going to look at the policy above though and do some checking into it.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
adequate, buy, care, caribbean, coverage, cruise, cruisecare, insurance, plans, protection, rccl, review, reviews, royal, travel