Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM

My wife and I are going on our 2nd cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas. We're going to Ochio Rios, Grand Cayman,and Cozumel. We're not much on group tours, we like to go on our own. Any suggestions, neat places, excellent places to eat, anyone has been to,stuff like that. Are the Hard Rock Cafes' close buy or do we need transportation.
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM

My wife and I are going on our 2nd cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas. We're going to Ochio Rios, Grand Cayman,and Cozumel. We're not much on group tours, we like to go on our own. Any suggestions, neat places, excellent places to eat, anyone has been to,stuff like that. Are the Hard Rock Cafes' close buy or do we need transportation.
Thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 PM

The hard Rock cafes in GC and Cozumel are very close. In GC, it is about a two block walk south from the tender dock you can't miss it. In Cozumel if you dock at the Punta Longosta pier, its in the shopping area across from the pier enterance. I'm not sure where the Mariner docks in Cozumel (our Mariner cruise was eastern Caribbean) So you may need to take a taxi ride to get to it. I'm sure someone else can let you know.

I'm not going to recommend anything for an on your own in Jamacia since I have never done it on our own. But everything in GC can be done on your own but be prepared for being in a large group if you want to do the normal tourist stuff since the ships excursions go to those places also. But 7 mile beach is easy to do on your own if you just want to hang out on the beach. You can find many bar/grills that will serve you on the beach while you relaxe.

You can easily do Cozumel on your own too, but you'll need to provide more details as to the type of things you want to do before we can help.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-21-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks Jim for your help......
My wife loves to shop, is there anything close to the pier in Cozumel?

Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Sorry...I meant Ochio Rios not Cozumel

Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't know about Ochio Rios, but Cozumel has a mile or so of shops and then more behind the ones on the main drag....You can't hit them all in one day.....also in Cozumel, if you are into Mayan Ruins...Tulume is a wonderful place to spend the afternoon...Happy Cruising....

Bob E
Old 09-21-2007, 06:44 PM

When are you leaving? I will be on Mariner on October 7th!! Have a great time!!
quote:
Originally posted by KraZboutCruzin:
Thanks

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-22-2007, 06:58 AM

We're leaving Sept 23rd.....can't wait!!!! I ABSOLUTLEY love cruzin!!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:45 PM

In Cozumel, there is a great minature golf place 3 blocks from the waterfront. We were sort of burnt out on the 'group' things, and I had found this on the internet. It was beautiful, relaxing, great fun, and quiet. They don't advertise on the 'cruise' places, so they get people there just by word of mouth. The owner, Scott, will recommend places to eat also. We had a wonderful lunch just down the street. If you google Cozumel mini golf, you can find the exact directions. I wish we were headed that direction, but we're off to the Eastern Caribbean in December and I'm sure we will find something to do!
Linda

Closed Thread