Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 05:17 PM

As you face the front(bow)port is on your left and whiskey is on your right. (I mean starboard is right)

And to correct my earlier post, leaving SJU you want to be starboard (not port as I stated,) or on the right as you face the front. Some remember this simply with the word "left" has four letters, and so does "port".

Are you confused yet? I am.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned

Port, whiskey, starboard, dang.....that is hitting too close to home! So, Cheffy, if I'm dead aft, cabin 1694 on Explorer, 18 days and counting, at the time the ship leaves San Juan, I should be able to see just about everything I need to see from my balcony as we head south? Right?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:30 PM

Yep. By the way, your are responsible for the sail away party since you'll have the best seat in the house.

When you're sitting on that balcony with your stemmed glass in hand, peddal your legs backwards fast and you will have the sense that you are powering the ship. The good part is that you will look pretty silly.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned

Silly is as silly does, and there isn't too much more silly than me when I'm giddy, and it's truly coming on.

I will be certain to paddle my legs and let folks know that it is I, goin' cruisin,' who is powering that ship.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
You see, Carl, there is one good reason to book airfare with the cruise line. However, if you go with your idea, (which I think is a good one) getting there a day ahead and having good insurance, it's no sweat.
Actually, according to RCI, you are only protected from a late arrival if you purchase the CruiseCare Protection Plan. Under that plan they will reimburse you up to $500 for hotel, meals, and "catch-up" transportation to the next port of call.

As their vacation document booklet says, "otherwise either you or the airline are responsible for any expense incurred to meet the ship at its next port of call."

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-15-2007, 09:52 AM

When we sailed out of San Juan, we were scheduled for early evening and didn't leave until after midnight becuase many passengers had been delayed by storms in the US. They party still began early afternoon and went loooooong after we sailed out. I am sure some didn't even know when we left as they were having to much fun..We have in the past booked the cruise/air and done so to hopefully protect our departure in case of a short delay.

Pl

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
10pm, board, boarding, caribbean, cruise, departs, dinner, early, juan, night, pm, royal, san, serve, ship