Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2003, 12:10 AM

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pass on some advice on what to do on my first cruise on the Majesty of the seas to the Bahamas - Naussa,Coco cay,Keywest.

Advice about excursions - Good excursions to go on both with RCCL and private

Restaurants to visit and local dishes to try

Things that I will probable forget and should take.

Alcohol? how to sneak aboard and whether to buy the drink card

Drugs to take in case of sea sickness and good medications to bring just in case.

Thanks Everyone and Please help me out.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:10 AM

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pass on some advice on what to do on my first cruise on the Majesty of the seas to the Bahamas - Naussa,Coco cay,Keywest.

Advice about excursions - Good excursions to go on both with RCCL and private

Restaurants to visit and local dishes to try

Things that I will probable forget and should take.

Alcohol? how to sneak aboard and whether to buy the drink card

Drugs to take in case of sea sickness and good medications to bring just in case.

Thanks Everyone and Please help me out.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:54 PM

First of all, I was on the Majesty 2 yrs ago, you will enjoy this cruise. It was a little short, but a lot of fun. As for the excursions, hopefully I will go back to the Bahamas again someday and do everything differently then I did before as far as the Nassau port is concerned. My husband and I decided to do shopping, touring around Nassau and then some snorkeling. What we should have done was visit Atlantis. I can't tell you much about it, if you look thru the archives of this site about Atlantis, you'll have a better idea on cost's, sites not to miss and such. The snorkeling was fabulous in Nassau but Atlantis sounds like a lot of fun too. Coco Cay is a private island that RCCL owns. I love this island. It's very private and there's lots to do. They will have a huge buffet lunch there with plenty of activities. The excursion we did there was a wave runner tour, it was about an hour long. This was the best excursion and the highlight of our trip and I highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing. As for Key West, rather than pre-booking an excursion online or thru RCCL or you travel agent, I would recommend taking a walk around the pier just as you get off the ship and see what tours they have to offer. Some of them are much better deals. For example, there was a conch train/trolley tour, for one low price you get the train ride, admission to the aquarium and admission to the Shipwreck Historium whereas prebookings you only get the one admission to just one of them. Do some walking around, there are so many shops and restraunts to go to. Now for medications, I suggest Bonine or Dramamine before your trip. You shouldn't need to take it for the entire trip, after a day or two you will adjust to the motion of the boat and not need it. Bonine is only taken once a day and is believed to be a non-drowsy formula, Dramamine has to be taken twice a day and it could make you feel sleepy. In any case, take something, better to be safe than sorry. As for Alcohol, no matter how you look at it, you will be buying some of it on board at sometime. I've never tried to take my own on board but as I think your suitcase should work as long as it doesn't exceed the weight limits set by the cruise line (oh, and pack lightly hahaha). As for the drink cards, they can be considered worth it as long as your okay with non-brand drinks, beer and wine only. For example, some of my favorite coctails could not be ordered (made with flavored liquers, bailey's irish creme, kahula etc.). Just the basic is covered. But you can get like 12 drinks for $40.00 vs say $70.00 for drinks I would have normally ordered. It's just your preference. But we didn't know this beforehand so I thought you should know. There's soda cards too but I don't know prices. Anyway, hope all this helps and enjoy your trip on the Majesty!!!

Amy
Old 05-09-2003, 09:31 AM

I'll be on the Majesty in three days for a four-night trip. I'll let you know as much as I can when I get back. I've done a lot of research on all of these boards. So check back next weekend. Shannon
Old 05-11-2003, 06:41 AM

Have fun Cajungirl and hope you feel better! The fresh sea air will do you good!

Amy

Closed Thread

Tags
booze, buy, coco, kay