Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 AM

We are cruising on Explorer of the Seas in July of 2007. Thank you all so very much for your comments, suggestions, and information; it has been a huge help.

Kindly advise if a 12:30 p.m. flight out of Newark the day of disembarkation is "doable".

Thank you!!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:45 AM

No, It is cutting it to close for comfort. You do not want to stress yourself out like that your first day of the cruise. Actually I always recommend flying in the day before. There are too many things that could happen. What if your flight were delayed? What if when you get to Miami it takes a long time to get luggage? What if there is a big traffic jam and you are stuck in traffic going to the pier? Do yourself a favor and fly out early. Do not put yourself under unnecessary stress. And if possible fly in the day before.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:55 AM

Sorry, I am showing my cruise rookie status.

Our 12:30 flight would be the day the cruise ends...for our flight home. I have read so many negatives about getting off the ship in Bayonne, that I am worried about getting to the airport on time after the cruise.

On the other hand, I do not want to sit around the airport for six hours if we do get off the ship by 8 or 9 in the morning.

Thank you again and forgive my awkwardness!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:41 PM

I understand not wanting to sit around in airports, I don't like it myself. If you could be one of the first to get off the ship early you probably could make the 12:30. It really is hard to say what New York traffic will be like. When I did the Freedom of the Seas inaugural it took us a good 45 minutes just to get out of the port. Traffic was so backed up.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 PM

hello,

in march, 06. we had one of the last colors for us to leave the ship(majesty) and was at the miami airport by 10:30 for our 5:00pm flight. we had a rci tranfer to the airport. you will have plenty of time!!

later,

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-08-2006, 05:02 PM

ezemoney,
She is talking about getting off a ship in Bayonne, NJ and having to get over to Newark airport.

Closed Thread