Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 AM

We made our own flight arrangements for our 3/24/07 cruise on JOS out of Fort Lauderdale; am I correct in assuming we are responsible for getting our checked luggage to the ship? (We are flying into FLL) Is there a designated place we should take it as I know it will have to be screened, etc.
Thanks to everyone for all the great info on this board!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:16 AM

Unless you purchased a ground package fromn RCCL, yes, you will have to pick up your baggage at the airport and transport it, along with yourselves, to the port.

RCCL has porters at the debarkation point to assit those who arrive with luggage in tow.

We leave on 4/6/2007, and I find it cheaper to keep my bags in my control.

Dolby1000
Old 03-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Banned

Although luggage associated with four travelers can be cumbersome, I, too, have found it less expensive to schlepp your own luggage and arrange for your own ground transportation from the airport to the cruise port.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 AM

Hello Timeforus, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you didn't arrange for a RCCL transfer, get a shuttle or cab to take you to the port. A porter will make sure your luggage is tagged for delivery to your stateroom. You will have to go through a scanner with your carry-on luggage only. Your Luggage will appear at your stateroom door sometime in the afternoon. Once on the ship you can head straight to the Windjammer for a fantastic lunch.

Sonny
Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 AM

We booked a tour with our airline so they handled all the luggage tags and transporting us from FLL to MIA. We only saw our bags once they delivered to our stateroom. Everything worked out perfect with the exception of breaking one of our handles on our luggage. I will call them and get them to repair or send me a new one.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Old 03-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the replies...at least I know what to expect.
We're sailing on the 24th; with the sleet/slush outside, we can't wait!!

Terry
Old 03-18-2007, 02:47 PM

hello,

just flew in and out of fll this past week. took a cab from port to fll and it cost aprox. 20.00 with tip. depending on the size of your group, a van may be cheaper for you. i believe super shuttle is a good choice.

on your return flight be sure to book a flight at least 12:00 pm or later and you can not check in until at least two hours prior to your flight. so if you have an afternoon flight you might plan on stay on the ship as long as you can. fll is a small airport with a lot of people flying in and out. waiting area is small and crowded. there are plenty of taxis and vans waiting for fares so getting there is no problem plus it is only 10-15 minutes from the airport.

have a great cruise!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread