Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2005, 03:48 PM

I was just about to book my cruise on the Mariner and I noticed it leaves out of Port Canaveral. I don't think I've ever done that before. If I make my own air arrangements, where do I fly to? Are there shuttles or is cab fare reasonable? I think I read about this somwhere but I can't remember. If anyone remembers, please point me there. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:36 PM

Hi Marian,
Orlando is your most likely option. Flights to Orlando are competitively priced and there is shuttle service to the port. The port is about 50 min. to an hour away. Although there are a number of options, Mears Transportation seems to be one of the best for service and price.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-29-2005, 09:35 PM

Thank you Nancy. I'm having a small meltdown and I appreciate your help.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:29 PM

Marian, We're boarding Mariner next weekend and are flying into Orlando. The transfer shuttle costs $50 round trip per person. Cab fare is about $100 each way. We booked a rental car from Budget for one day. We pick it up at the Orlando airport, drop it off at the Budget office in Cape Canaveral. They are shuttling us for free to the port. We also booked a rental car for the drive back to the airport on our return day. They will have a van waiting for us at the port, they'll take us back to the Budget office, we'll pick up our car, drive back to Orlando and drop it off the airport. Hope this helps!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:22 PM

Do you mind me asking what you'll pay each way with the rental?

Old 08-01-2005, 01:58 PM

We're paying about $35 from Orlando to Cape Canaveral, then $45 from Cape Canaveral back to Orlando. We are flying in on Saturday instead of Sunday and were planning to rent a car that day anyway. For us it's quite a savings--there's 4 of us, so roundtrip transfers would've been $200 as opposed to the $80 car rentals.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:02 PM

Sewcruising
I just noticed someone from out of the country needing the same advice... Slovenian couple needing help. I bet you could be a godsend to them with your info
Regards
Jefft

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, budget, canaveral, caribbean, cruise, port, royal, show, time