Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Can someone expand on this for me a little? My husband and I are taking our first cruise on April 27 (Freedom of the Seas). My husband doesn't drink at all, and I rarely do. We had planned to purchase the all-you-can-drink stamps, but now I'm wondering if we really should. How likely are we to be able to drink enough soda to make it worth the cost?

Thanks for any help!
Kathi
Old 03-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How likely are we to be able to drink enough soda to make it worth the cost?
Only you can answer that question. Generally, if you expect to drink 3-4 cans of soda a day or more, then the card is worthwhile.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 PM

The soda card will cost you $6 each per day. Like Dave said, you'd have to drink 3 or 4 every day. You get a insulated mug and can have it fill at any bar or in the dining room, Windjammer, and Johnny Rockets.

Sonny
Old 03-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Since I started this I thought I would give my opinion.

It is not worth the money. We both stated we would not do the stamp again. You do not get a can of soda, you get the fountain soda. Huge difference in taste and quality. Save your money and enjoy it elsewhere on the ship. I forced myself to drink diet coke all day to try and get my moneys worth.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim1012:
Sorry, but once again I have to state that I think that the soda-stamp deal onboard is a rip-off. Ture you get this cute SMALL soda cooler-tumbler type holder, but, once filled with ice, holds MAYBE half a can of soda.
Ok I have a question:

Every time you asked for a Soda do you used that cooler-tumbler??

You don't have to use it...
is a gift for buying the card (stamp) and they are cheaper than the ones they sell on the gift shop. As I remember I gave it to my nephew as a gift I never use it during the whole trip.

If you buy this soda card just go to any bar or pub and ask for the soda they will give you one either you have the "SMALL soda cooler-tumbler” or you don't have it with you they will just give you the soda on a glass from the bar.

Also I don't recommend to try to use one card for two people I know some people that have done it over the years and get away with it but

What about the Restaurant?
What about if they discover the situation?
That can be an embarrassing situation and a bad end to a cruise...
Old 03-24-2008, 06:25 AM
I have to admit that I THOUGHT you had to use that tumbler thing and show your stamped Sea-Pass card-I don't know if you can just get a glass with ice from the bar. Either way, filled with ice, they both wouldn't have half as much soda as a full can. Unless you drink a ton of soda, and feel like walking to the bar much more, buy the full can, ask for a glass of ice, and enjoy. As far as I'm concerned, the soda stamp program is a major rip-off; and I don't know any tumbler/cooler glass that's worth, on a 7 day cruise, $42. I don't care who's logo is on the outside; by the way, the one we got the first time just said COKE, and had a RCCL small logo at the top.
I must admit that I still have it on my closet shelf as a reminder to NEVER buy the soda stamp again(I'm getting old and forgetful).
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM

I can't say for sure if you can get soda without the tumbler (but I thought you could) because we passed on the soda stamp on our RCI cruise. However, on Carnival, I can say you don't need the tumbler. In fact I think they charge a little more for the tumbler with all you can drink pass than without. What a deal, pay more and then have to lug around a cup for your drinks...

I'm with the others on this. Its not worth the cost. Especially if you are going to be drinking anything else (hard drinks or soft). If you have juice/coffee for breakfast and wine or drink at dinner, there isn't enough time in the day to drink 4 more glasses of soda to make it pay off. IF you are a non-drinker, you can even get by with the iced tea/lemon aide without a card and save the money. Even if you have a couple of sodas at $1.50 each a day, you are ahead of the game.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 AM
^^^^
Yes I can understand in my case is worth the money I drink coke a lot...
But in my wife case is different so I only buy one card for me and I get what I paid for every cruise trip, so is mostly a case of choice and your adiction to coca cola...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

I can confirm that you do not need the tumbler to get a soda - just the stamp on your cruise card. This is a common misunderstanding among passengers, but we get the stamp for our son and never use the tumbler. He keeps it as a souvenir and gets his drinks in bar glasses.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 AM

I"m a diet Coke person - I never pay the cost on the ship - I just wait to port day and get my diet coke in the Islands - I have saved alot of money this way -

Closed Thread

Tags
anotjer, caribbean, carnival, coke, cruise, cup, diet, dishwasher, drink, glass, pass, put, royal, soda, the