Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Royal Caribbean charge for airport-port transfer (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/2648-royal-caribbean-charge-airport-port-transfer.html)

royalcruiser 09-10-2009 06:01 AM

Could anyone tell me hoe much RC charges per person for transfer from the airport-port? We booked our own airfare and are going a day early. so we were thinking of staying at the airport overnight then catch the RC transfer on departure day... but if its not reasonable, then we are going to book a hotel downtown.

I am asking because its not available to book yet.

thanks,

dale

Maurine 09-10-2009 06:21 AM

When I checked I believe it was around $30 pp. Whatever it was, I know that I thought it was a lot and I could get cheaper by using another shuttle.

Maurine 09-10-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

so we were thinking of staying at the airport overnight
You're going to stay at the airport overnight???

f-mattox 09-10-2009 10:41 AM

royalcruiser, you left out one very important detail: what airport to what port? It could be as little as $10-$12 or as much as $45-$50. (Althouth Maurine seems to know what you are talking about :-))

royalcruiser 09-10-2009 11:18 AM

Maurine... Staying at a hotel at the airport..

There is a group of 10 of us that are going, I got a quote on a van from the airport to downtown for $80 and then $50 from downtown to the port.. This is all from Miami to the port of miami.

I was going to negioiate a little bit... but i wanted to say that $30 was about right per person. thanks for your help

Maurine 09-10-2009 12:36 PM

I happen to be leaving from Miami too and when I looked, I guess it was from that airport to Miami port. I think taxi is about $24 for a cab. Here's the ground transportation info.

I just remember thinking I could find cheaper. And I have.

Jim C. 09-10-2009 12:40 PM

I think you would be better off doing a taxi. IF you do stay at the airport, many/most of the hotels offer shuttle service to/form the airport. Then you would only have to pay for a taxi to get to the port (figure $35 with tip for a van sized taxi) So you get 2 or 3 taxis from the hotel to the port. (This is our plan for Miami in a couple of weeks)

BUT even if you decided to stay downtown, the extra taxi ride from downtown to the ship would only be $15 to $20. The cruise line charges per person not matter how many people you have. The taxis charge per taxi load. With ten people the per person cost can quickly out strip the per taxi cost.

spoheat 09-13-2009 03:17 PM

We travel in a group of 4 and always take a taxi. The shuttles seem to be a per person price, and a cab is a fixed amount for everyone who legally fits. We come out better. We pay $24 from airport to ship in Miami, for instance, a mere $6 per person plus tip. Plus we leave the airport as soon as our luggage is retrieved, when we did a shuttle we had a degree of waiting around until they were full enough to leave. After a long flight I really don't want to breathe exhaust fumes in the shuttle area waiting 20 minutes for 5 more people to come.

Wakewatcher 09-13-2009 05:55 PM

Take a look at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami. You can get a room that overlooks the port so you are able to see your ship in the morning.
Taxi ride from the airport is set rate of $24, for up to 4 persons- then you can taxi to the pier in the am for around $8. It is opposite the Bayside Marketplace, so lots of shops, bars, restaurants all set around a Marina.
If you take a shuttle, they charge around $15 each to downtown hotels, but you have to wait and make rounds of other hotels before you get to yours.

penny3333 09-14-2009 09:08 AM

Hi Wakewatcher, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Thank you so much for your information. We hope you will post more often. Are you planning a cruise anytime soon? Best wishes!