Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 04:42 AM

We're planning our first cruise for April 2007. Possibly RCCL to Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Anyone have any advice?
Old 08-06-2006, 07:29 AM

We were on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan in February. We flew in two days before our cruise and stayed at the Normandie hotel in Old San Juan. I would advice going a day before. We always enjoy San Juan.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:36 PM

Thank you SONNYV. Sounds like you have had lots of experience cruising! Maybe someday we'll be in the same league. Anyone ever been on Seranade of the Seas?
Old 08-06-2006, 05:40 PM

My husband and I went on Serenade of the Seas for our honeymoon in November. We absolutely loved it, however, it was our first cruise so we have nothing to compare it to. The staff were great and we loved all the ports.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:00 AM

i took your cruise in march 2004. serenade out of san juan southern carib. i highly recommend arriving 1 day early at least. we stayed at the radisson on condado. god forbid your flight is delayed.......also, you get that whole first day on board to enjoy, you wont be exhausted. we hit the beach in st thomas and st maarten, then took mini speed boats in st lucia, horse back riding in barbados and kayaking in antigua i believe. the boat was great! it has both a portifino and chops grille restaurant. i highly recommend reservations 1 night at both. rock climbing wall, mini golf, etc. my favorite cruise to date.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 PM

Thank you all for your comments. We are excited about the trip and have lots of decisions to make. I like the idea of arriving at least a day early--thanks for the suggestions!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:49 AM

San Juan is a really neat city. It has shop after shop after shop. If you go early you can shop longer & they have absolutely beautiful jewelery at the stores, especially the ones the the cruise lines guarantee. There is usually a sign outside their door saying this.
Also you can't go to San Juan & not visit Senor Frogs. We enjoyed it. Very nice. We want to go back someday & take that Southern Caribbean cruise. Have fun....... I know you will!!!

Closed Thread