Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Maybe SonnyV can help with this one, or Dave. I have roughly 12-13 family members going on a cruise, either on Liberty or Freedom, and we're trying to choose a cabin where we can all be together, or nearby each other. I'm looking at either a Presidential Family Suite, which holds 14 people, or a Royal Family Suite AND the attached E-1 Oceanview Stateroom together. Does anyone know about how much difference in cost between the one larger cabin, and the need for two cabins? I hope to not wait too much longer to book, as we're looking at Sept, 2010, but I don't want to sound like a dolt when I hear the price difference.

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Maybe SonnyV can help with this one, or Dave. I have roughly 12-13 family members going on a cruise, either on Liberty or Freedom, and we're trying to choose a cabin where we can all be together, or nearby each other. I'm looking at either a Presidential Family Suite, which holds 14 people, or a Royal Family Suite AND the attached E-1 Oceanview Stateroom together. Does anyone know about how much difference in cost between the one larger cabin, and the need for two cabins? I hope to not wait too much longer to book, as we're looking at Sept, 2010, but I don't want to sound like a dolt when I hear the price difference.

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator

I don't know those prices since you have to call to get them. Anecdotally, the upcoming Nickelodean charter cruise on the Liberty shows they sold the Royal Family Suite for $21,499 and the Presidential Suite for $21,999. If this holds true in all cases, then it would actually be more expensive to book the E1 and Family Suite than just going with the Presidential Suite.

We have a member who hasn't been around in a while (papae) who had the Presidential Suite on the Liberty in 2007. I was on that cruise with him and his family. Maybe if you search the forum for posts by him you'll find more info.

Bear in mind those cabins usually sell out and they might not be available for your timeframe.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Thankls Dave-I took your advice and called and booked the Presidential Family Suite on Liberty for 9/19/2010-what an amazing cabin! The price wasn't too bad; about $18,000 with everything.
Thank goodness I have a whole year to pay for this one!
Thanks again for the advice.

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Administrator

I'm sure you'll love it. Heck, the balcony is as big as a large suite. I wouldn't want your gratuity bill! At $5.75 per person/per day for the suite, that alone is over $500.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:22 PM

Pres. suite: $5,731 for the first 2 - $1,281 for each additional guest.

Royal Family Suite: 8 guests @ $3,521 pp. Joining E-1 cabins $1,281 for the first two guests, and $721 for the third guest.

Just in case anyone else is wondering what the costs are for September of 2010 on the Liberty.

HERE are some pictures

Sonny
Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Administrator

One thing I remember from papae's Presidential Suite experience...he asked the concierge about getting a couple cases of beer for the suite and was told he would have to pay for it at bar prices per can. So a guy paid 20 grand for a suite and then was told he could stock the fridge for $100 per case...and he was a diamond member too. He was not happy about it.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Wow! What have I gotten myself into? Thanks Sonny for the photos-as usual, they're great!
Here's a neat question, that even RCCL's people couldn't answer right away. I ended up having 11 people, and have only reserved 8 so far (lack of immediate funds). So far, I have TWO reservation numbers for this trip, and they say I'll get another number when I book the extra 3 people. Maybe I'm greedy, but shouldn't I get at least 3 credits towards my C&A member level?
I'm a mear Gold now, with three cruises.
Just wondering...............

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Sorry, Jim. You'll get 2 cruise credits because you're in a suite. However, if it's any constellation, so will every other passenger that's in the suite with you. They'll also be able to get the free drinks in the concierge lounge.

Sonny
Old 07-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey, I tried......................

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, cruise, family, presidential, rcl, review, royal, staterooms, suite, suites