Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 AM

We just returned from Oasis. What a great time. I'll be writing a review and getting my pics put together pretty quick. Just wanted to say.....WOW!

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 AM

Welcome back. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Oasis! Look forward to your review.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Can't wait to see the pics!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm right behind you Tex....

5 days and I'm on the ship....I shall write a review when I get back also...Happy Sailing to everyone....

Darn, the Vikings lost...:-(

Bob E
Old 01-25-2010, 05:04 AM

12 days for me! Can't wait. Been looking at pics. Looks AWESOME!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:10 AM

Wow Tex, can't wait to hear all about your cruise...Congrats to Bob E and Papaflamingo on your upcoming cruises on Oasis.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Cant wait to read all about it, im going as well on Saturday!!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 PM

OK....I'm not very good at writing reviews so, I'll put it in a simple form.

Pros:
Embarkation was flawless. We arrived at the port around 11. Checking in was a breeze and they also take your picture at that time. We waited in the Diamond waiting area for about 15 minutes and then they let us on.

Promenade: Awesome, the first thing we noticed was the difference in the width compared to the Freedom and Voyager claas ships.

Our cabin: 6158 (D8) was just around the corner from the front elevators and very easy access to the gym. Bed was VERY comfortable. In room technology was great as you can get on the internet through your TV and access a wealth of knowledge about the ships venues, etc.

Aqua Theater and Oasis of Dreams: Fantastic and thrilling in a great setting. Do not miss this show.

Hairspray: Super show and the talent just jumps out at you from the performers.

Come Fly With Me: Another great show that we thoroughly enjoyed. Another "do not miss".

Frozen In Time; Great skating and brilliant costumes. We were not all that impressed with the story though...still, do not miss it

Comedy Club: Another fun night with two comedians. Some adult content but, funny guys.

Scott Perham: He plays in the Globe and Atlas Club. We loved his guitar playing and singing so much that we were there every night. He can do anything from 60s rock and roll to Toby Keith, Eagles, Neil Diamond and does take and play requests. He plays from 10PM- 1 AM.

Overall, the entertainment on Oasis was by far, the best we have ever experienced on a cruise.

Dining: We ate in the MDR most meals and were very happy with our food. The only issue was that our waiter brought out the wrong items a couple of times and then argued about his mistake. We ate several times in the MDR for lunch. Again, very good and that salad bar is fantastic.

We were not fans of the Windjammer. First, the layout of the stations makes for a crowded situation along with the narrow seating areas. Everyone would try to jam in near the entrance and did not want to move to the back. Very crowded and confusing. The other issue was that they were not serving omelets or fried eggs anymore. We heard many complaints about this. I searched twice but could never find an egg station. We only ate at the WJ twice.

Giovanni's: Very crowded the night we were there. Food was OK....service was not the greatest either. We set several times with empty glasses or long waits between courses. Not Portofino's in my opinion. Again, very crowded that evening. We heard others that went on different nights that had a great experience but, they commented that it was not very crowded on those nights.

Solarium: One of our favorite areas of the ship. There are lots of areas to relax in or out of the sun in a very comfortable setting. The Solarium Bistro offers a more healthy dining alternative.

We never felt crowded on Oasis. There is a huge amount of deck space. The pool patrol was picking up the chair hogs articles and bagging them. Getting on and off the ship in port was a breeze as they are using two seperate entrances.
The interactive monitors located throughout the ship is a huge wealth of info and helps you navigate this beauty.

Debarkation: A breeze, it took about 15 minutes from the time they called our number until we were loading our luggage in the taxi to the airport.

Cons:

The bathroom sink and vanity must have been designed by someone who was 5' tall.It hit me mid thigh and the sink in the corner is not in a very convenient place.

It seemed that there was a lack of storage area vs other classes of ships. Maybe we're just taking more stuff.

The electrical plug location is under the desk. Bad place. We took a plug bar which worked great.

On the promenade, you can not get from one end of deck 6 to the other end without going down stairs and climbing back up or by using the elevators.

These are all minor things.......just small issues.

Oasis is a wonderful, modern high tech ship. A modern marvel. We loved her.....enough that we booked Allure today for Jan 2011

Please, feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Here's the link to my pics...I'm not through tagging the photos but that may take awhile.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/576462330ABawJD

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Administrator

I absolutely agree about the cons you listed. It isn't your bringing more stuff, there really is less storage space. I also didn't like the socket location or the sink...and why can't they put a soap dish in the bathroom? Instead the bar of soap sits wherever you put it and welds itself to the surface when it dries.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Welcome back TexCruise Sounds like a fantastic trip and thank you for the pictures--they were great! You're review was excellent and very much appreciated. Hopefully on one of your next 2 cruises on her, they will have the little kinks worked out. Sounds like they could have designed a few things a little better, though. As large as that ship is, you'd think they'd make more storage area.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, eating, oasis, perham, reviews, royal, scott