Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Thank you both for your reviews. I also like the photo gallery idea... I was wondering how they'd handle the organization of so many photos.

As for the wine-by-the-spigot... makes me think of Captain Picard: "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

Welcome home.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator

I'll have to check out that wine thingy.

Paul Motter has invited me to join him for dinner at 150 Central Park on the evening we leave Labadee. I am looking forward to it. Looks to be an 8 course tasting menu.

Funny thing about the "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot". I'd never had Earl Grey tea before, but when I heard Jean Luc Picard order it I went out and bought some. It has been my favorite since.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Earl Grey is my favorite too. I have a picture of the wine dispensers. I tried posting it but I must have done something wrong. One place I ate in Central park was the Park Cafe. I tried a Chorizo Quesadillo. It was excellent.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 PM

Cruise Fanatic's picture of the Wine Dispensers.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Sandy and CruiseFanatic -

Super Cruise Reviews, excellent coverage of a colossal ship. For a short cruise you both covered a lot of territory. We'll see how much wandering around Dave does when he gives us his pedometer readings!!

Looking at the photo of the wine dispenser - I am confident that RCCL has a adequate supply of wine to keep all aboard quite rosy and happy!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-28-2009, 05:21 AM

One added note. This ship was the first time I saw ping pong tables in a totally protected area from wind. The Oasis has three ping pong tables that are inside a circular glass walled little room. You have to open a glass door to enter. Great idea to contain the ping pong balls from flying all over and provide protection from the wind.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:56 AM

Thanks to both for taking the time and doing such great reviews..The wine dispenser reminds me of the coke dispensers at Disney ! Only, I fear RCI has a price on each dispensed libation !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 AM

I spoke to someone yesterday who was returning from Oasis' first full 7-day cruise. He has cruised before, including Royal Caribbean.

He loved the ship and the cruise. He said the "wow" factors continued to amaze his wife and himself all week. He loved the food and service, did some of the surcharged restaurants but ate most of his meals in the Windjammer. He loved the entertainment except thought the ice shows were ho-hum.

He said there was a problem with the pool under the Aqua Theater, and as a result, there was no high diving. He didn't seem to mind.

I asked if he signed up for another cruise while he was aboard, and he said no, that he needs time to save up some money. Also, they are waiting for their 4 and 6 year old kids to be old enough to enjoy a cruise. He did look at the Adventure Ocean area, and was very impressed.

He and his wife looked like kids coming home from summer camp! All they were missing was a beanie with a propeller, and a team flag!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator

The AquaTheater's emergency switch for the underwater platform is broken according to the report on CruiseMates. Paul says it might be two weeks to get the new part installed.

Funny how people perceive things differently. I thought the ice show was much better than those I've seen in the past on other RCI ships. It has several complicated moves by the pairs skaters.

Closed Thread

Tags
11, 14, aft, cabin, deck, french, motter, oasis, paul, restaurants, review, reviews, room, seas, specialty, toast