Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2005, 07:39 AM

Hi. My sister and I (50 and 45) are cruising for the first time. Any suggestions re sightseeing at our ports- San Juan, St.Thomas, Martinique and Bahamas. Would we save a lot of money by booking them before we go? Any other cruising helpful hints? We appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Edit: Moved to Royal Caribbean International forum. Shortcut created in Caribbean Port Chat forum. RF
Old 12-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Hi Nancy,
The Jewel is one of my favorite ships - she is absolutely beautiful! As for activities while in port, you might want to check out the reviews and suggestions for your ports of call at our sister site, PortReviews. Here is a link: http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com

What kinds of sightseeing are you interested in?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-18-2005, 04:43 PM

WE WERE ON THE JEWEL LAST YEAR OVER VALANTINES DAY IT IS A BUTIFUL SHIP IT WAS OUR 40TH WEDDING ANVERSY AND I TOOK MY HOLE FAMILY

THE SHOWS WERE SO SO NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT MY WIFE AND I HAD A SUITE

YUO MUST PLAY POOL ON THE SHIP THIS IS SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT

WE DID BOOK THIS YEARS CRUISE ON RCC WILE ON THE SHIP BUT DID CANCEL AFTER WE GOT HOME OAD OPTED FOR PRINCESS WE LEAVE OUT OF SANJUAN 1/14/06

ALSO REMEMBER YOU MAKE THE CRUISE WHAT YOU WONT HAVE FUN

ON MORE THING IF YOU HAVE BEAN TO ST. THOMAS B/4 INSTEAD OF SHOPPING RENT A JEEP AND DRIVE TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ISLAND HAVE LUNCH AT ON OF THE RESORTS GO TO MAGANS BAY YOUR THIM IS YOUR OWNE (REMERBER THE DRIBE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD A LITTLE TO GET TO

HAVE FUN AGAIN
STUR DAYTON,OHIO

CONPAIREDT TO PAST CRUISES (WE GO EVERY YEAR)SINCE 1988 ) THE LAST 4 YEARS WITH RCC

THEY HAVE CUT BACK A LOT OF THE FREE THINGS AND KNICKLE AND DIME YOU TO DETH.

ONE OTHER GOOD THING WE WENT TO SIT DOWN BREKFEST AND I HAD STAKE AND EGS EVERY MORNING
Old 12-20-2005, 04:00 PM

san juan the rain forest is great. St Marrten take the bicycle trip, they end up at a french bistro on the beach, very seculded, great service and food.

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 12-20-2005, 05:09 PM

Thank you. That sounds like the types of excursions we would be interested in. But also want to hit the shops a little bit. Is anyone able to say what a fair Tanzanite ring might cost? Are your carry on bags checked- ie- can you bring alcohol on the ship?

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribbean, cruise, forum, forums, jewel, october1st, rc, royal, seas, sovereign