Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM

Hi Folks. Reading the forum is fascinating! I have held deck 10 cabins D1 1232 or 1270 and JS 1336 or 1340. Can anyone advise which D1 cabin would be best. One is forward the other in the middle. Starboard side. Which is best for Mexican Riviera cruiseships - port or starboard. Love to get a reply from you experts. Also cruise is 25th Oct, is this good weatherwise? Cheers Val
Old 01-30-2009, 03:12 PM

I give up waiting for a response to my emails. Apologies to everyone for causing any confusion by posting twice. I can see replies to lots of new posts so will sign off as I cant get replies even from the direct email contacts. I have now booked my cruise.
Good luck to everyone with their cruises. I chose junior suites on Deck 10 Mariner of the Seas starboard side midships which I am hoping was good choice.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM

Hi Valm and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

I'm sorry you didn't get any responses in a more timely fashion, especially when you had cabins on hold. I've never sailed the Mariner, but in general, you can't go wrong with a JS rather than a D1. I think you made fine choices.

October should be great weather. You'll have a wonderful time.

Sandy
Old 01-31-2009, 06:19 AM

Sandy
Hi, thanks so much for replying. I saw so many other posts with lots of replies, I thought I had set mine up wrong! I am really excited about our trip on Mariner and visiting Mexican Riviera. Its my husbands birthday and our son and his wife are joining us so it will be a special time. We will then spend a week or so going from LA to San Francisco and a cruise is the main highlight! Thanks again. Val
Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 AM

Val, what a fabulous vacation and celebration you have planned! In fact, you can let Royal Caribbean know it's your husband's birthday, and on the night you select, the waiters will come to your dining room table at dessert time with a serving of dessert with a birthday candle, and they'll sing to him. If you want to spend extra money, you can order a cake, and/or stateroom decorations that say "Happy Birthday."

I did the LA to San Francisco drive many years ago, and if you're taking the coastal highway, be prepared for some amazing vistas and scenery. I assume you're making stops along the way, like at the Hearst Castle, Carmel, etc? San Francisco is an amazing city. I lived there for a year many years ago.

You've chosen a great trip!

Sandy
Old 01-31-2009, 01:33 PM

Sandy
It would have bene great to have the waiters sing. We are celebrating my husbands birthday but unfortunatley it is 20th Sept, but because of celebrations back home in the Uk, we will be a few weeks later! We havent planned the LA to SF yet, but wil be taking the coastal highway as we have heard so much. cant wait as we love going to the US. We mostly do non cruise holidays so are opposite to you. You will have a ball. Sounds wonderful! I am so pleased you replied to me. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM

Val, I always suspect by the last couple of days onboard, when every table seems to have waiters coming over to sing "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary," that there is a lot of wiggle room in the dates of the actual events!

Do you drive when you visit the States? I am way too afraid to drive in the UK. I can hardly cross the street without getting killed by traffic coming from the opposite direction from what I'm used to. Good thing London has those huge arrows that tell folks like me where to look!

Sandy
Old 02-01-2009, 03:22 AM

Hi Sandy
We will be hiring a car and driving up to San Francisco from LA post cruise and I am busy going thru the net to look at best places to stop over etc.Can you email me separately rather than thru cruisechat to save clogging up their forum, or is this not allowed?
Will take on board your comment re birthday. It is only a month after Bobs birthday so I might tell them and arrange for a nice cake etc!!
London traffic is very busy. We live in a lovely town of Heswall in Wirral, which is the north of England, and is in between Chester and Liverpool and I work in a university in Liverpool and travel each day, so it isnt far. Wirral is an area on the other side of the famous River Mersey in Liverpool! Regards Val
Old 02-01-2009, 05:33 AM

Val, I continued in email.

I was confused because I forgot you're cruising in October. You should definitely celebrate a September birthday in October! It's perfect timing.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
1340, cabin, caribbean, cruise, cruises, d1, disney, js, mariner, mexican, port, reviews, riviera, room, royal, seas, starboard, sunset