Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 PM

Just wondering if these dollar store finds would be useful to store your toiletries...hanging them up on the door of the bathroom to clear up counter space....since our cabin will only be 117 sq/ft. YIKKES...hope I don't stick to the walls of the shower! lol

saublewater

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-13-2007, 03:44 PM

your idea is great and probably used by many including me..........space is at a minimum but all these clever little tricks really pay off i have loads of little lifeaavers.........we are sailing the explorer of the seas 10/26-nov 4th
Old 09-13-2007, 06:17 PM
The showers have gotten larger on the newer ships....so you don't have to soap the walls and spin around:-)....and now there seems to be more space to put things....we use to bring a doorknob hanger, but no longer do...bring it if you plan on bringing lots and lots of makeup, etc...Have a Great Cruise....

Bob E
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 PM

We took a dollar store over-the-door shoe thing on our last cruise. It was great. We put most of our toiletries, sun screen, etc. in it. It kept the bathroom counter nice and clean and uncluttered.

We actually hung the thing from the clothes hooks on the back of the bathroom door. For a buck or whatever it costs, it's worth a try!

Nadine
Old 09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, you've talked me into bringing one too...

Bob E
Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Bob,
I second Nadine's suggestion. It keeps the cabin neater and more organized. At least with our family, the counters are always filled with odds and ends.
For a dollar, you can even throw it out at the end of the cruise without feeling guilty.

A'ndrea
Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 AM
We used one and believe me it comes in handy.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-14-2007, 04:42 AM
Administrator

For years, I never used one as I figured it was just one more item to pack. Then, for this past cruise, I had purchased new luggage that just happened to come with a hanging toiletry bag. (It snapped neatly into the suitcase, nice feature.) What a huge difference it made in the cabin! Only the items that got a lot of use (such as toothbrushes) were kept out; the rest were stowed away neatly in the bag and were taken out when needed. It kept the limited vanity space neat, and I'm sure the cabin steward appreciated it, too.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:48 AM

Thanks everyone. I mentioned it to my mother in law who has cruised many times and she said we would not need it...now she has always cruised on large ships...we are aboard the Empress of the Seas....and from what I gather it's the smallest in their fleet...and with 117 sq/ft of cabin space I'm sure it will be cramp! Thanks for the approval...I'm going to get me one right after work. Any other handy hints we should know about....this is our first cruise!

Thanks again and happy sailing.

Oct. 27- nov. 5th..repositioning cruise and 40th bday on Oct. 29th!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-14-2007, 07:56 AM

The rooms on the Empress are small (as is the bathroom!), but there are several small shelves located directly behind the toilet that will hold all you toiletries. The over the door rack is a great idea, though. Along that same idea, it may be a good idea to pack one of those hanging "sweater" racks that fold flat. The drawer space in the inside cabins on the Empress is VERY, VERY limited...I was actually having to hang up my husbands shorts because there wasn't much room in the drawers for much of anything other than underwear!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruising, door, hang, hanging, holder, rack, racks, reviews, royal, shoe, toiletries