Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 05:53 PM

I know these oceanview cabins are considered obstructed view, any have any experiance with these rooms? Are the fully obstructed or partial? ANy advise or info appreciated.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:30 AM

jashley - We just returned from a 4 night cruise on the Majesty. We were on Deck 9 and our view was of the rigging for the lifeboats. I considered it obstructed but I'm sure RCCI did not. I'm figuring that if I'm looking at the rigging for the lifeboats, cabins on Deck 8 would be looking directly at the lifeboats. I just checked some pictures and it sure looks like the lifeboats are obscuring the windows on Deck 8. If it's any consolation, we really got used to the obstructed view and after a while, didn't even notice it. Also, we usually go for balcony cabins but since this was such a short cruise, decided to save the money and go for oceanview. Since we didn't have a balcony, we didn't spend much time in the cabin. Hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:14 PM

Thank you for the info, I actually booked this one just out of the blue. My wife and I usually do a short cruise in Feb. and a longer one in Sept. We were not able to go this Feb. so I just decided to do a make up in Nov. Since we are going to Bermuda in Sept. we just decided to get the cheapest oceanview to save a little money since we were doing 2 so close. Oh well even if I see a lifeboat atleast I will get a little light in the room. Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:50 AM

I am booked on the MOS on Oct. 30th for 4 nights and my cabin is #9014. I thought only the 8th deck had obstructed views. Can anyone provide information on the cabin I will be in? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-01-2006, 07:32 AM

I was in cabin 9542. My friends were in 9038 on the other side of the ship. Although the view is not totally obstructed, you are looking at the machinery that raises and lowers the lifeboats. I can't address cabin 9014 directly but I'm going to be on the Oct. 2nd sailing of the Majesty in cabin 9514 and figure I'll be looking at the same view. It's not totally obstructed but then it's not totally unobstructed. Difficult to describe. Maybe someone has a picture taken from inside the cabin. Unfortunately, I didn't take one.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:34 AM

I meant to add that my friends in cabin 9038 had the same view that we had on the other side of the ship.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:47 AM

Thank you for your response Cruising Nole. I am sure that since the cabin is a Superior Ocean View it can't be too bad. We probably won't be in there much anyway. Enjoy your trip!

Closed Thread

Tags
8th, 9514, balconies, balcony, cabin, carribean, cruise, eighth, floor, majesty, royal, sea, seas, ship, v, view