Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 01:37 PM

It is too late for me, but for future cruises this is the way to go...
I am sailing with my husband and 2 small children (ages 4 and 6) in December. I booked one room that sleeps 4. Then RC had a special where the first passanger was full price and the 2nd was half price. (3rd and 4th were $499 each). Anyway, after some thought, and unfortunatly, after the sale was over, it occured to me that it would have only been $40 total more for the entire 7 day cruise for an additional room. We could have had adjoining rooms and let the kids sleep in the other room with the adjoining door left open, while my husband and I could have had more space and privacy, not to mention an additional bathroom to use- all for $40 more. Anyway, think about that the next time you book and there is a special like that going on.

Palladium Resorts
Old 05-10-2006, 12:23 PM

Hi there! I totally agree with you; I used to bood a cabin for 4 with 2 of my kids and now I realized that by booking 2 cabins one for us and one for the kids i will spend almost the same amount! So I totally agree with you!
Quote:
Originally posted by cotefamily:
It is too late for me, but for future cruises this is the way to go...
I am sailing with my husband and 2 small children (ages 4 and 6) in December. I booked one room that sleeps 4. Then RC had a special where the first passanger was full price and the 2nd was half price. (3rd and 4th were $499 each). Anyway, after some thought, and unfortunatly, after the sale was over, it occured to me that it would have only been $40 total more for the entire 7 day cruise for an additional room. We could have had adjoining rooms and let the kids sleep in the other room with the adjoining door left open, while my husband and I could have had more space and privacy, not to mention an additional bathroom to use- all for $40 more. Anyway, think about that the next time you book and there is a special like that going on.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:37 PM

I wish someone would have had that topic in here- with all the things discussed, that issue has been missed. Even my travel agent never brought up the idea... Anyway, now we know, and hopefully this being said will make someone elses cruise better. I'm sure we will be taking many more cruises in the future, and we will certainly get 2 rooms.

Palladium Resorts
Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 PM

It's almost like these special deals are TOP SECRET. I found a deal while talking to a Royal Caribbean agent about taking my Granddaughter on a cruise. She told me she saw a deal for the third and forth person for $10 each, and looked it up for me. Sure enough, it was a no brainer and I booked Dec. 9th. I told my daughter about the deal and she booked a D-1 quad. They are taking my other 2 Grandchildren and it's costing them $2,100 for all four. With taxes and port charges, it adds up to $210 for each child. This is going to be quite a Christmas present
Old 05-11-2006, 02:35 PM

I just called RC and asked them about the $10 deal. They said it is over, but they have different deals everyday...but they don't know about them until that day. So she said you actually have to call everyday to find out the deals. You would think they could put the deals on their web site. Anyway, I don't know about calling everyday, but I sure will check often. I really want a special where I can get an adjoining room for a little extra money. If you hear of any, let me know.
Thanks!!!!

Palladium Resorts

Closed Thread

Tags
book, carribean, cruise, double, kids, line, points, price, pricing, room, rooms, royal, sleep, taking, versus