Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 03:52 AM

Hello,
Just hoping for some feedback on the inside rooms on the Voyager class ships that overlook the Promenade? Is it a good call? Do they get noisy? Can you really see anything? Worth the extra money? Fill up fast?
Thanks,
Susan
Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 AM

Yes, I believe they are worth the extra money. The rooms are quite soundproofed and there is a window seat in each room so that you can sit in the window and watch the goings-on on the Promenade. They are especially cool when watching the various parades that take place. If you take your notebook computer, get a room close to the Internet Cafe and the wi-fi will be available in your cabin. This is a huge benefit.

One thing to be aware of. While the folks on the Promenade cannot see into the rooms, the rooms on the other side of the Promenade can. Some folks think the glass is one-way only; it isn't.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM

Hey Tom,

Thanks SO much for replying, and that little tidbit about the windows not being one way...who knows maybe there will be some shows not listed in the itinerary. Ha!

Susan
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Hi Susan,
We never booked a Promenade view room. However, our friends did and invited us to watch a parade with them. I thought it was really cool. The Promenade deck is always so packed with people you don't see everything in the parade. It's nice to have a birds eye view. They also enjoyed watching people walking around the Promenade. Tom has excellent advice, especially the heads-up about people being able to look through your window. From what I hear, the rooms do book up fast.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:48 PM

Hey Sonny,
Thanks for the info. Guess what? I just booked 3 rooms overlooking the Promenade on the Voyager! I'm really excited. I actually went for the 6th floor, right above the 5th floor Promenade level. I know they offer those rooms on 7 and 8 as well. The agent said it would be loud but I told her we were up half the night anyway, and I wanted to get a closer look at all the activity. What do you think? Also, I do own earplugs and if I can sleep through my husband's snoring, I should be able to handle the rest.
Susan
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Congratulations Susan!
I'm glad to hear you booked the best class ship on the seas. You're going to have a great cruise. So when are you sailing?

We will be on the Voyager in December. I promised my Grandchildren a cruise at the age of 10. Took Jessica on the Mariner in 2004. Catrina will be going with us in December, and Justin's turn is 4 years away. However, I got such a good price on a quad and triple cabin, that they're all going in December.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:06 AM

make sure to book on PR rooms ( Promenade stateroom ).
Old 07-20-2006, 05:10 PM

Hi Sonny,
Thanks! We'll be right behind ya, so keep it warm for us! First week in January. It will be the first cruise ever for the two oldest boys in their mid-20's. They have no idea what a cruise ship is like and I can't wait to see their faces when they do! Your grandkids are going to have a blast-all the great programs for kids. Sometimes I wish I could go back. sigh. Keep me informed with little tid-bits about the Voyager, if you have any.
Thanks,Susan
Old 07-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Thank you Shanghai. Yes, it does say PR on my confirmation.
Susan

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, categories, cruise, face, loud, overlook, overlooking, promanade, promenade, review, rooms, royal, ship, view, voyager