Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 08:45 AM
At what point do you get the end of the cruise blues, for example is it the last day or the day before when does it set in.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 AM

Post Cruise Depression....For me it's the minute I step off the ship. But, to help ease my my pain, I usually try and book a cruise ASAP! Booking another cruise really does help get me through it!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM

And that's where they GET you! I too usually end up booking another very soon after getting off of a cruise. Most of the time its before we even leave. That way i can get off the ship thinking "only 100 more days until the next one... I can handle that"

It's pathetic really...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM

I get the big let down feeling after breakfast when we are herded into one of the lounges to await the process of walking the plank!
Now thats depressing; but do agree, book quickly to overcome that let down.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

I usually book something very soon after leaving a cruise, but will book onboard the Liberty this June since it garners me a $100 credit and my agent still gets the booking.

That last breakfast is a transition point for me too. I hate how they have everyone test hydro the lounges with forlorn looks on their faces. One of the least annoying debarkations you can have is on the Holiday in Mobile. It was very matter-of-fact on the the ship and then when you get in the terminal the staff treats you like long-lost friends who have dropped by for a visit - it is so refreshing to be treated like a person, even the Customs officers smile in Mobile!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Dave said it right away. If you have your next cruise already booked when you step off the ship you know when your next one is. When we get back from the Zuiderdam cruise, I will be putting another group trip for April, 2008 to go along with the one sheduled for August of this year. Always have them in the bank keeps the depression to a minimum.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

It hits me as soon as the Disembarkation Paper comes to the cabin. It's all downhill from there.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:54 PM

it hits me the day before. because i know i will be leaving all of my new friends, saying goodbye to food up to your ears, saying goodbye to being ale to go in the bathroom and come out with my room cleaned,saying goodbye to not having to wake up early to go to work or school, saying goodbye to not worrying if i need gas, saying goodbye to having every one cater to my wants and needs.

but like everyone said, planning another cruise does wonders for the cruise blues. we planned our next cruise for august before we even booked the december cruise which was last year. so while i was on that cruise i already was thinking about the next one lol
Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 PM

for me too it was the day before when we recieved our end of the cruise gratuity envelops.
that's good information about the booking right away. i wish i could do that. unfortunately funds and travel companions are few and far between.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spritfilled:
At what point do you get the end of the cruise blues, for example is it the last day or the day before when does it set in.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 PM
This may sound funny, but I have a little different take on the cruise blues; unlike our friend who's motto is "do it cheap, do it twice", I would rather cruise less often and take nice long cruises--and I'm fortunate to have a job that allows me the flexibility to do that.

My window is 10-15 days, with 12-14 being ideal. After 15 days I'm ready to go home; I didn't say anxious, but ready. I absolutely love everything about cruising. But I also love my home; that's where all my stuff is; and I love my stuff. And I love the "garden paradise" my wife has created in our back yard, and her vegetable garden and fresh herbs and spices.

So it's nice to get away; but it's nice to get home too. I always feel a twinge of melancholy when I start packing the last night;
but the blues? Not really.

Closed Thread

Tags
blues, cruise, depression, jan, post, review, reviews