Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 02:12 PM

Hi all,
We are going on our first cruise (it's our 25 anniversary) I am so excited and can't wait to sail off. We are taking our two teen daughters along with us, we currently have 2 junior suites on the 9 floor one is on the hump and the other is 5 doors forward, should we be concerned with motion on the 9 floor? And if I may ask another question, are the family suites ever available as an upgrade choice on the day of sailing and would it be a good choice if available.
Any trip tips or information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
NuBee on the sea
Old 08-01-2005, 08:55 PM

I've never been in a family suite, so I don't know how they're set up. I would never trade two cabins for one though, especially if they're junior suites. You have three women traveling with you and they'll need to get ready at the same time. I vote you keep the two bathrooms. Plus, you'll have plenty of time together each day, and it'll be nice to have some privacy when you want it. If nothing else, you'll get more sleep.

We haven't been on the Voyager but we've been on the Explorer and we didn't notice much movement anywhere on the ship. I actually like to feel it when we sleep and it was so faint.

I'm kind of envious of new cruisers because I know what a wonderful experience is awaiting you. On our first cruise, I could not believe how beautiful the ship was, how pampered we were, how relaxed we became. It was just wonderful, one of the best memories of my life.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:12 AM

I have to agree Marian.

Your first cruise will change your view for vacations.

Our first cruise was the Indian Summer from Boston to Quebec and back and it was really wonderful.

One problem you will have after your first cruise. You got addicted to cruising. We never made another vacation, because it is the best way to get from one island or country to another. With the best service, the best food and the only thing you have to decide is, what to wear, what to eat and which shore excursion youŽll take.

So I wish you and your family a wonderful first experience on a cruiseliner and a happy anniversary.

Marita

Old 08-02-2005, 05:22 AM

Thank you both so very much for taking out the time to reply. Now I am even more anxious to get this trip started and experience the joys of sailing. Someone suggested that we bring two-way walkie-talkies and binoculars along, and my wife is so concerned about the water, everyday she ask me how many bottles or gallons of water we should take. Do we really need to carry bottle water or is the ships water suitable for drinking.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 AM

We drink the ship water. I think it's fine. If you're worried about it, the scalding hot water they provide for tea would certainly have zapped anything in it. You can also purchase water in the ports.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:52 AM

I always take some bottles with me and fill them in the morning with orange juice or lemonade. Bottles of water are really expensive on the ship.

So bring your own bottles and fill them.

About walkie-talkies. The last cruise I saw much more people with them than on other cruises. So, I think with children its fine to stay in contact with them.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:54 AM

KWHITE130,

it is very safe to drink the ship's water. Cruise ships must meet what probably are the world's most highest hygiene standard. It is very likely that the water quality onboard the "Voyager of the Seas" is checked much more thoroughly than in your home town.

If you don't like the ship's water's taste, bring a Brita filter or something similar.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 PM

The walkie talkies would work, but when we travel with family we usually just leave messages on the room phones. We give the time and where we're headed. We have an area around the buffet where we usually eat lunch and most days we meet there, but it's not a formal thing. If you want to eat early or eat late, that's fine. Part of the fun of a cruise is that every person gets to do what he/she enjoys.

I've never traveled with young girls though, so this casual arrangement may not work for you.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:47 PM

I was on the ninth floor and i did not feel any motion
Old 08-07-2005, 07:39 PM

Hey Kait
Thanks for the info/ motion was a concern but now I feel relieved/
5 more days I can't believe it / countdown to the fun fun fun
I can't wait

Closed Thread