Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 09:41 AM

I will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas Sunday to the Western Caribbean and wanted to know what RCCL does in the event of bad weather.
Does anyone know what happened with the ships that were scheduled to depart for the Western Caribbean last Sunday? Any thoughts on what might happen would be appreciated.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:24 PM

If the hurricane did affect the cruise they would divert the ship to another port or itinerary. The Marinaer of the Seas is HUGE and quite seaworthy, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tom
Old 07-15-2005, 03:45 PM

We were on Mariner July 3-10 during Huricaine Dennis. We were diverted, and unfortunately missed 2 of our scheduled ports, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I think most people were dissappointed, but on the other hand, we were glad to have a Captain who was competent and had our safety and best interest in mind when he went around the storm rather than through it. We instead had one more day at sea and stopped at Nassau, Bahammas. We were on Jamaica the day before the Hurricaine hit and there was a Carnival ship that left there the same time but went the opposite direction from us. Our Captain commented on it and wished them "luck". We heard later that they in fact encountered severe weather and actually had to put on their life vests, etc. Anyway, I thought Captain Johnny was wonderful and the Mariner of the seas is beautiful. Have a great trip!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:45 AM

This week the Mariner was sailing a modified itinerary. They went to Cozumel Friday and will be at sea today. You can find updates on Royal Caribbean's web site.
Sherry
Old 07-16-2005, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the information, I feel better now.

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, captain, mariner, seas