Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 01:24 PM

I hear there will be two formal nights on my 7 day cruise. Does that mean black tie tux for my husband or a suit, and what about the kids. Age 7 and 16, boy and girl respective.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Although a tux is always appropriate, a suit is generally what one sees the most of these days and this is what I wear. I no longer bring my tuxedo for cruises from the U.S. Actually a jacket and tie will be fine.

Cocktail dresses are popular with the ladies. As for kids - anything "nice" will do. Maybe pants and a button down shirt for the boy. A tie and jacket if he'll put up with it. It is quite common to see teenage girls dressed up and looking very grown up in many cases - but any nice dress will be fine.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:45 PM

I usually bring a tux and wear it only one night. The other night I wear a sport jacket with a mock turtle neck or shirt & tie. Next week I'm not even taking my tux because my son-in-law doesn't have one. The main reason for the formal wear in my opinion is taking pictures. A picture can last forever, how do you want to look? I like dressing up and going to a party while on a cruise. If you have a tux, pack it. A suit or sport jacket can look great on a person too. My wife and I both enjoy seeing children and teenagers dressed up. especially little kids. They look so darn cute.

Sonny
Old 12-05-2006, 05:11 PM

My daughter (15) wore a formal dress from a school dance (it was nice she got to wear it twice!). My son (17) wore a suit that we bought at a resale shop. They are fine with dressing up. Most of the other high school age boys on the cruise wore shirts and ties, but the girls were very dressed up.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:02 PM

Thanks for your advice. I will have my husband bring his 3 peice suit, I wish he had a tux, and my son can just wear a suit and tie. My daughter does have a couple formals from dances, and I...well I am sooo excited to have an excuse to buy new dress up clothes.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:20 PM

my husband has nice shirts and ties, but no jackets or suits. He really has no reason to wear them ever so I hate to spend the money. Will he be ok with a shirt and tie? I don't plan to go the cocktail dress route....don't really have the money for those either.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, kids, tuxedo