Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2004, 09:16 PM

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can give us some information regarding the Atlantis Submarine excursion in Cozumel? My husband really wants to do this, NOT ME...just him and my brother-in-law. My sister and I will be happily shopping or lazing on the beach. Any beaches we should make sure we visit while we are there?
Thanks for your help.
Gail
Old 08-28-2004, 09:16 PM

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can give us some information regarding the Atlantis Submarine excursion in Cozumel? My husband really wants to do this, NOT ME...just him and my brother-in-law. My sister and I will be happily shopping or lazing on the beach. Any beaches we should make sure we visit while we are there?
Thanks for your help.
Gail
Old 09-06-2004, 09:37 AM

My wife and I did the Atlantis sub at St. Thomas in 2001. All electric/bouyant vehicles... very safe and entertaining. If power fails the sub will pop to the surface. We dove to more than 90 feet. Carib water is clear enough for light penetration at that depth.

We found it well worth the excursion price. You receive a fill-in-the-blanks mariner certificate afterward.
dbstravel@comcast.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-06-2004, 11:45 AM

We did the Atlantis sub thing last year in Hawaii and it was great fun. My wife was scared stiff...She thought it was one of those glass boats. In any case, when she saw some kids boarding she changed her mind. She enjoyed herself. By the way, it seems that sailors like to take a tour, because, unlike their subs, they can actually see something.
Their fleet of subs is larger than most countries sub fleets! Go and enjoy!
Regards,
Michel

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantis, beach, caribbean, carnival, cozumel, cruise, mexico, royal, scared, ship, ships, st, submarine, thomas, tour