Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:29 PM

I was wondering on Liberty if they offer ice skating lessons for kids? What are the ages and prices?

Thank you

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-13-2007, 07:29 PM

I was wondering on Liberty if they offer ice skating lessons for kids? What are the ages and prices?

Thank you

Old 12-14-2007, 05:35 AM

Hello Wesnlin, As I recall, they have some lessons, but I don't known if there are any age restrictions. The have half hour increments for skating, and there is no charge. My grandkids had a blast.

Sonny
Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Even though you can take lessons, there's no teacher like hitting the ice a few times. You kinda figure out how not to fall, sort of like skiing. It takes so long to get back up, it's much better not to fall. But when you're young, it sure doesn't seem to hurt as much
Old 12-14-2007, 04:56 PM

Hey, Wesnlin,

You can take lessons at no extra charge, but you have to sign up in advance. Be sure to check your Cruise Compass the night before for sign up times. Also, the skating rink wasn't open every day and the hours weren't listed in the "Hours" section where most areas were, they were in the schedule in the "Daily Planner" section. It looked like they weren't open for skating on performance days so the cast could practice - which of course makes sense!

When we were there, there were scheduled sessions in 45 minute blocks and you were required to have long pants and socks. Don't know if anklets would do, so I would take a regular pair to be on the safe side. If anyone in your family ice skates, they had two sessions for advanced skaters who had to have brought their own skates. There were some people there with their own skates using the ice.

Off topic, but another thing to be aware of is when you can climb the Rock Wall. It had strange hours, like during breakfast and dinner hours. Not sure what that was about, and it didn't seem to directly relate to sea day or port day the way some things do. The only thing I could think of was they needed to rotate the Vitality staff to different areas. Someone else might know the answer to that one.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Skating was a very different thing to do on a ship to say the least. I had never ice skated before & I got the hang of it really fast & didn't fall not once!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-14-2007, 04:59 PM

Checked our Cruise Compass and did't see anything about ages and don't remember what they said about it, but we did have to sign a waiver for our daughter.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM

And long pants are required so don't forget to pack a pair for all who plan to skate!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Thank you all so much. I wanted to let our 5 year old ice skate just so he could say he did it. I haven't been since I was a child so I'm not sure if I want to try again or not. I thought if they had some sort of a class or a group, then he could join in.

Bruce, as far as the rock wall, I love to watch but it would be a nightmare if I were to try that. I can't even get my nerve up to zip line or parasail. The most adventurous thing I can do is go on a cruise and that's good enough for me.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:13 AM

LOL!!! Now, the rock wall is something. Don't worry, I didn't do it either!!! Now, our 8 year old daughter zoomed right up the thing. The first time, lots of folks were watching and most were silent because they couldn't believe she was trying it. But, she made it all the way to the top, 43 feet worth, and rang the bell!! Folks started cheering and the worker on the safety line gave her high 5's!! That made her day. She climbed it 3 times on our trip, each time to the top. We were very happy for her.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, climb, cruise, extra, hours, ice, iceskating, kids, liberty, pay, rent, rock, seas, skates, skating, times, wall