Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Would someone be able to advise me if there are irons in the staterooms, as I have just been reading some literature and from what I gather they dont allow you to bring an iron on board? Im flying tomorrow so Id appreciate it if any experienced cruiser would let me know - otherwise I gota lorra lorra ironing to do before I go!!

thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Would someone be able to advise me if there are irons in the staterooms, as I have just been reading some literature and from what I gather they dont allow you to bring an iron on board? Im flying tomorrow so Id appreciate it if any experienced cruiser would let me know - otherwise I gota lorra lorra ironing to do before I go!!

thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM

Hello. There are no irons available in the staterooms. They do have a dry cleaning, and laundry available for a fee. You can always put your clothes in the bathroom, during a nice hot, steaming shower. Have fun, and Bon Voyage. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 PM

If you put things that tend to wrinkle easy into a plastic bag, it will really help. Also, we bring a portable steamer with us, and it works great.

Sonny
Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Hi corkgirl. I hope this isn't too late for you to see before you fly out.

I can attest that putting clothing into a plastic bag works wonders. The key is making sure that the fabric does not fold onto itself. I packed three gowns into our garment bags this way for our last cruise, and they arrived wrinkle-free after an 8-hour flight.

Bon voyage!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 PM

I'm curious?? What kind of plastic bag? A plastic bag from the supermarket, a plastic trash bag. Does it matter what kind? I just had to ask! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Administrator

I use the thin plastic dry cleaning bags that come back with the cleaning at home. I then put the garment on the hanger, dry cleaning bag over it, and either fold/roll it for the suitcase or hang it in the garment bag. I do this separately for each dress that might wrinkle. I suppose plastic trash bags would work, too, if they're long enough.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, iron, ironing, irons, rooms, royal, search, seas, state, staterooms, voyager