Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Here is my question is it possible that the first cruise line you cruise with ends up being your favorite because most people i have spoken with prefer thier first cruise line, my niece for example has now done both RCCL and Carnival and she still prefers Carnival so I was just wondering is it a first impression type thing. I myself who has no other cruise line to compare to YET I loved the elegance of the ship I was on, FOS so therefore that will be my comparision and from what I understand there just may not be any .....as of yet. I do know I will be cruising Carnival next for a fair shot at which i would prefer, we are speculating sometime in December but we will see. So again is it first impression or what?????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2007, 06:10 AM

My first cruise was Carnival but I am RCL all the way.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:19 AM

Spritfilled, you're not going to find any ship on another cruise line to compare to the Freedom of the Seas. You'll just find out how awesome the Freedom really is once you sail on any other ship. Who knows what makes people have a preference. Your niece may have been on a nicer ship with Carnival than with Royal Caribbean. How can someone just sail on one ship with each cruise line and say this or that cruise line is my favorite? People have their own taste. What I like, you may hate. I found my niche with Royal Caribbean and have no desire to venture onto another cruise line. Another thing is loyality awards you get with frequent sailing. After 5 cruises with Royal Caribbean you start getting some really nice perks. If I started using another cruise line it would be like starting all over again...

Sonny

Old 05-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Banned

I've said it before, my favorite cruise line or cruise, is the last one I was on, or the next one that is planned!! Cruising just seems to get better, no matter what cruise line. My first few cruises were on less than 30,000 ton ships, and were a great experience. No mega ship, not much more than shuffleboard, ping pong, and a pool for outside entertainment, but still a great time! I have never had a bad cruise with any cruise line. I also think your wants and needs of a cruise change with time. Now I want a mix of ports, itineraries, and of course the ship is important, but I would cruise any line, anytime I could!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 AM

My first cruise was with Costa, my favorite cruise line is Princess, but I totally agree with carlg!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 AM

Spiritfilled...you really are correct about the first impressions creating your favorite. The level of excitement and adventure of a first cruise is a one-time event, and if it was a good experience, it will take an awful lot to replace that, regardless of the ship. You are in a predicament because you started at the top on your first cruise and you've got to keep that in perspective when trying other ships and cruise lines or you may be disappointed! Pick a smaller ship for your next cruise and then you will know both extremes! There is not a ship floating that can beat Freedom in terms of amenities, but you may find different atmospheres you may prefer. From now on you will only be able to compare your mood and not the ship knowing you've "done the best already!"

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 05-21-2007, 09:05 AM

I've been on 6 diffrent lines & found things on each one I liked, But I always come back to RCL it's a good fit for me.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
Spiritfilled...you really are correct about the first impressions creating your favorite. The level of excitement and adventure of a first cruise is a one-time event, and if it was a good experience, it will take an awful lot to replace that, regardless of the ship. You are in a predicament because you started at the top on your first cruise and you've got to keep that in perspective when trying other ships and cruise lines or you may be disappointed! Pick a smaller ship for your next cruise and then you will know both extremes! There is not a ship floating that can beat Freedom in terms of amenities, but you may find different atmospheres you may prefer. From now on you will only be able to compare your mood and not the ship knowing you've "done the best already!"
Yes you are right I told my sister that now I have to work my way around(not down) being that i started with the best out there so therefore i have my mind in the correct place .....I think. My first lady at my church is planning a cruise for the ladies in January on the Majesty so I just may be on that one I mean who knows what's next I just know I can not wait to do it again.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2007, 10:59 AM

My first cruise was on Carnival Celebration which was fun but I prefer RCI. That might change now because RCI stopped doing short cruises out of Galveston. Going on Carnival Ecstasy in Aug. so I'll report that cruise when we return... Any cruise is a favorite cruise!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 PM

The Ecstasy was the first ship I ever sailed on. I was It was Novermber 22, 1992.

Sonny

Closed Thread