Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Hi Everyone,
My Husband & I will be going on our first cruise in March on the Mariner of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean cruise. So far I've been able to pick up some information on tipping ($10 per person/inside room-$140??)-I hope that's right.
But, I have some questions on boarding..Is it easier to have them bring your luggage to your room or do it yourself? I think I'll be using the patch-I have terrible motion sickness-I don't want to take any chances. Any suggestions on what to pack? I'm used to just going on an island & staying there the whole time. I'm very nervous!!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Cruise-Chat.

When it comes to your luggage you have no choice at embarkation - you have to drop it off with the porters on the pier. Everything that goes with you as you enter the check-in area must fit in a standard x-ray machine. Of course, if all of your luggage will fit in carry-on bags then you will be fine. Otherwise - it is dropped off and delivered to your cabin.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Thank you for that information.
Do you know about how much it would be to park at Port Canaveral? My father-in-law & his wife are going with us, they are from Daytona Beach and will be leaving their car. Was I correct on the tips?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Yes, the tip amounts are good. Look here for parking info at Port Canaveral.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Great! I checked the website-not bad--$12 per day.
Thank you for your help.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow! Parking went up since last I was there. Anyhow, you're going to LOVE crusing on Mariner. She, ahd her sister Voyager Class ships are the best things I've ever seen (I have not, however, seen or been on Freedom-which I hear is also Fantastic)
Pack a few things that you'll need for the first few hours after boarding the ship, and carry them on in a small bag,i.e a small gym bag usually works well.
I don't know from the patch-my wife suffers from the same problem, but she found a pill called Bonine (sp) that we got on board, but since we've later found can be purchased at Florid's grocery chain Publix-one pill a day took care of the problem, and since Mariner is so large, unless the seas are VERY rough, you may not even notice any movement. Much depends also on your cabin's location on the ship, fore or aft, etc. If your cabin is located mid-ship (ours was a balcony, 9602 port side in the middle)movement is basically front to back, almost none rocking side to side.
Eastern Caribbean was my favorite cruise-three stops and the rest of the time cruising-wonderful!! Have a great time and relax! Just think of it as a mobile almost all-inclusive.

Closed Thread