Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2004, 05:36 PM

I need some information on The Soveign of the Sea. Can you buy telephone cards here and take them with you and use them on the ship and ports.If not how much does it cost to call home on their phones.Also does anyone know where you can purchase a battery operated iron to take on cruise.Also do they use regular keys or cards for your staterooms.someone was also saying at work .that you should roll up a extra duffle bag and put in your suitcase,for the things you may buy in the ports.Does anyone know about that. Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 05:36 PM

I need some information on The Soveign of the Sea. Can you buy telephone cards here and take them with you and use them on the ship and ports.If not how much does it cost to call home on their phones.Also does anyone know where you can purchase a battery operated iron to take on cruise.Also do they use regular keys or cards for your staterooms.someone was also saying at work .that you should roll up a extra duffle bag and put in your suitcase,for the things you may buy in the ports.Does anyone know about that. Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 07:10 PM

Prepaid telephone cards will not work on the ship. It is my opinion that you are better off using the local prepaid telephone cards that you can purchase just about anywhere in port. If you use the ship's telephone, it is very expensive! As much as #9.95 per minute.

For the most part, irons are prohibited from most cruise lines. I know that RCI does not want irons in the cabins and will confiscate them if given the opportunity. They have proven to be a fire risk and as such, are unwelcome. I use a hand held steamer and get the same results.

You will be issued a plastic room key that also operates as your on board charge card for all your purchases. It will also be necessary to take it ashore as your primary identification to get back on the ship.

I always take a back pack in my luggage for the purpose of packing things I have acquired during the cruise. Think about how you will tansport an extra piece of luggage, if you do need it. I travel with a large suitcase and a large carry-on for my computer et al. A back pack is the only way I could carry more stuff should I need it. It also comes in handy if I get hassled by the airlines for having overweight luggage. I can simply yank my back pack out of my luggage and transfer stuff into it until I meet weight.

Hope that helps and have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 08-11-2004, 07:06 AM

Gee, it's my turn to be curious. I have never seen a battery operated iron (didn't know they existed). I can attest to the fact that a hand-held steamer works much better for quick touch-ups.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-18-2004, 05:49 PM

I will bring a backpack for a different reason. First I use it as a carry on. This frees up my hands and as it has different pouches, it helps to organize the travel documents. When it is on my back my partner follows to keep an eye on it. Also during shore excursions, we will use it to carry the towels water socks, and camera, and then add the stuff you buy. It is a lot easier than a beach bag.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:33 PM

When are you going on SOS? We are going on October 18th.
I have learned a few secrets about getting the wrinkles out of clothes. Downey Wrinkle Releaser works miracles! On our last cruise, my mother rolled her clothes instead of folding them and she did not have wrinkles! You can also put the clothes in the bathroom while you are taking a shower and the heat from the water will release wrinkles.
Don't take an iron. I know a lady who did and the room steward took it from her and gave it back to her on the last day!
I looked up the RCCL price list on laundry services and the pressing rates are very reasonable! Less than what my dry cleaner charges!
Kristy
Old 08-18-2004, 06:42 PM

We always use the plastic bags that our dry cleaner uses to cover our clothes on their hangers. This seems to ****** the wrinkles and makes it easier to pack them. Has anyone else done this?

Tom
Old 08-24-2004, 02:15 PM

Thanks for all the great tips and ideas. We are going on our cruise June 6, 2005.I know it sounds so far away, but it will be here before you know it,besides I'll need the time to save up some money.I'm so excited.It also good because they are remodeling the whole ship in Nov. So it will be like going on a new ship. Which I really won't know,since this will be my first trip. Anyway thanks for all the information.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:48 PM

Hi,

have a great time. But be warned: cruising is addictive!

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread