Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

I was wondering how formal is the captain's dinner. I heard that people mostly wore sun dresses and slacks. I wanted to really dress up but I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb either. has anyone body ever cruised on this ship and know how formal do people dress up.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:42 PM

If your are doing a 5 or 7 day cruise and your itinery states that you have a formal dinner, this usually means that men would wear a suit/tie or a tux and the ladies would wear something other than a casual or informal dress. If you look at your book, many cruises have 2 formal and 2 semi-formal evenings.

Happy cruising !

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM

I have not been on the ship you are going to be on, but this is what we have done/do.

Every night we "dress up very nice" for dinner. For "formal" nights we just dress up a little more. People are so "casual" now , and you would be amazed at the compliments we get when we are "dressed" when most people are casual.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:05 PM

Formal night is time for your best pictures of your cruise vacation. You can never overdress for any formal night. When we were on the Sovereign is was a four night cruise and we didn't pack any really formal clothes. I just wore a sport jacket with a mock turtleneck.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
dinner, formal, wear