Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Wow!!!!! - and again I say Wow!!!!! First let me start by saying I do not like nor do I usually open cans of worms! Although I appreciate all the input and respectfully see both sides, I stand by the philosophy "can't we all just get along?" I just have a ton of fun "falling into the system" of seeing how much more money I can spend by thinking I'm getting a deal somehow and, yes, I do intend to apply for the C&A once I get this first Royal Caribbean cruise under my belt. I will say I love to share anything good so, although I don't like to not go by the rules, I probably would still share any of my unused coupons too.

However, once the ball got rolling, I don't think anyone remembered the second half of my question. Does RCCL have the Discover Passport Shopping program also? I did participate in that with Carnival and am very happy with all of the "freebies" and "discounts" and "upgrades" I ended up with. I will be bringing my charm bracelet that I had gotten with that program (you can get a new free charm to add to it at many of the islands) to get more charms for it on this trip. I have lots of friends coming on this cruise with me - I just want to know if I can share this with them!

Thanks for all the input from everyone! Have a great evening!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-06-2007, 01:47 PM

I was hoping someone would have chimed in with a more definitive answer by now but I do know the cruise director holds "shopping talks" regarding each of the ports. if you have ever purchased anything from Diamonds Intl, they give you a charm bracelet where you can aquire more charms at each port free just by visiting one of their stores.

Also, try purcahsing a tree ornament or refrig magnet from each port you visit. Cheap collectibles that keep memories fresh!

Don't worry about the earlier can of worms either. I thought it was funny.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-06-2007, 08:17 PM

Thats what I need, a free charm braclet. I have two that I link together and are both very full. I think I need a third row.

Thanks for the magnet and ornament idea. Love them.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:09 AM

Ohio Sports Mom,

yes, RCCL has a discover-shopping consultant. She or he has several product infos about the upcoming ports of calls, most of the time resenting it in the theater. They have VIP cards, which should give you special prices in the recommended stores. But what I can say, my wxperiences with these shops say, avoid them. They are too expensive and there was so much about these shops, also here on the boards, with fake gems, phantasy prices and much more. I prefer the family owned stores, especially in the Caribean. But the shooping-talk is nice way to get informations and the maps are good for a tour on your own.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:26 AM

Oppis

Thanks for the info and the good advice. Like I said, I did this once before and I have a topaz set of earrings and pendant that I had gotten as "freebies" and "traded up" for. Fake or real, I adore that set and wear them often. I also have the charm bracelet that I am still collecting charms for - so I have fun with it and they can't get me for too much money because I don't have too much to give them anyway! Getting excited!!!!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-07-2007, 08:56 AM

Ohio mom, I love your attitude. That is what I was just telling my husband...I can't afford the real jems anyways so they won't be ripping this girl off.

I leave today and have been excited and packing for a month. Love this forum for all the info and more.

Closed Thread

Tags
bracelets, caribbean, charm, royal