Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 PM

Hi, I was curious about the Royal Caribbean curfew for those under 18. I know that the curfew is 1am, but was wondering if it is more strictly/less strictly enforced on different ships? Or if leaving from certain ports affects this?

My daughter is very responsible, never rowdy or rude. She likes to participate in different activities on board than my husband and I do, and I didn't want her to be forced to stay with us if she is out after 1am.

However, our next cruise will be only a month before her 18th birthday.

Any responses are greatly appreciated!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

I've been on RCI cruises that didn't even have the curfew, but our last two cruises with them did have it so perhaps they standardized it.

Security and the bar staffs do enforce it. Realistically, I doubt they card every teenager they see and someone who is 15 but could pass for 20 probably skates by. But it is a rule and I never encourage people to break the rules.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 AM

I would suggest you call or emal RC and ask them.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Dear Cruiselady5

Curfew. Never heard of curfew. Our teens were having fun til early in the morning. No one ever told them to go to their rooms. Ever.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Administrator

The rule is "Curfews: Ship's management reserves the right to enact curfews on an individual, group, or ship-wide basis, if in the sole judgment of the ship's Captain, such steps become necessary to ensure guest or crew safety."

Thus some cruises have them and some don't. In the cases where we have encountered curfews, it was clearly stated in the Cruise Compass that those affected were not allowed in public areas after the curfew time unless accompanied by parents/guardians or if they were engaged in an activity controlled by the ship's youth staff.

So, that is the rule as stated in the RCI Guest Conduct Policy. Since this forum's management does not endorse breaking the rules we'll end the discussion now, since the RCI policy has been covered.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, conduct, cruise, cruises, curfew, curfews, guest, hours, inforce, lines, policy, rayal, rccl, royal, teen