Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 10:06 AM

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale on Sat 9/17 for a cruise on the Explorer on the 18th. My question/problem is I have a hotel in Miami for Sat night but the taxi wants $70.00 one way. Is ther a easier way to get from FLL to Mia... Any feedback would be great. I even thought about renting a car and driving and dropping at Mia Airport..... Thanks.... Can't waith for the Explorer....
Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Do an internet search for transportation in Miami and Ft Lauderdale. Last winter I got a $30 quote for a van ride to port of miami from FLL airport. I cannot remember the companies name, but I found them on the internet and they had a toll free # to call. They were very nice. We ended up not using them beacuse I was able to finally get reasonable tickets into Miami and the hotel we stayed at provided transportation for us. Good Luck.
Carnival Fascination July 2006
Carnival Miracle Feb 2007
Carnival Destiny July 2007
Carnival Imagination Nov 2007
Carnival Liberty Feb 2008

UPCOMING CRUISES:
Carnival Victory Oct 2008
Emerald Princess Jan 2009
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM

Cudster,
Not sure how many people you will be traveling with, but there is an airport shuttle service (Tri-county Airport Express) that has a station right outside baggage claim. They offer shared ride van service to any of the hotels in the Miami area from the FLL airport for $17 per person. It is not necessary to make advance reservations.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-13-2005, 03:54 PM

Nancy,

Thanks for that info and hopefully I will be able to get that because as of right now I am so stressed out over this transfer it is killing me. The cheapest I can find is $80.00 for the transfer and I just feel this is a rip off.. So Thanks and if youknow of the web page feel free to let me know. Thanks againm... Tom...
Old 09-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Nancy,

Wow your a life saver... I just went to Tri-County Airport Service on Yahoo and I found it. I checked it out and I have reserved a spot for my wife and I at 11:45 AM Sat and they will bring us right to our hotel for a night and then onto the Explorer this sunday. The best part is it cost $34.00 for the two of us right to our Days Inn. So this worked out great and want to thank you so much. Our 13th Ann has just been made that much easier because of you. Thanks again Nancy.... Tom
Old 09-13-2005, 04:53 PM

Tom,
So glad I could help to make the anniversary celebration a little less stressful. Enjoy! Congratulations and Happy Sailing,
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribbean, cruis, emerald, fll, hotel, limo, mia, miami, port, royal, service, ship, taxi, transfer, transport, transportation