Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2006, 07:33 AM

Suppose I could just phone RCI but does anyone know how soon the ship can be boarded, debarkation time? Thanks. Need detailed info for making airline reservations.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:51 AM

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here, but if you are looking for information to guide you in choosing your flight home, it will depend on which port you are in. If Miami or Ft Lauderdale, I would recommend choosing a flight that departs no earlier than noon; if Port Canaveral or Galveston, no earlier than 1 PM (2 PM would be better), due to the distance from port to airport.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Thank you, Karen. I'm sorry for not being clear. I want to make my flight reservations in order to allow for the latest allowable time to board the ship (in Port Canaveral), and also to allow enough time after debarkation on the last day - yes 2:00 sounds good. Just curious, how early do they allow boarding? Thanks again for your quick reply.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:19 PM

You usually have to board no later than 30 minutes before the ship sails. The RC website can let you know what time your ship leaves the port. If you are taking their shuttle service from the airport to the ship, they can let you know what time the last shuttle leaves. If you want to take a taxi from the airport, call a taxi company and ask them how long it takes to get from the aiport to the port and how much. Most taxi companies have a set charge for taking a taxi from the airport to the cruise ship.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:00 PM

Thanks for all the great info!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:16 PM

HELLO,

WAS ON THE MAJESTY IN MARCH. I WOULD SUGGEST FLYING IN THE DAY BEFORE. IT IS SO MUCH MORE RELAXING,PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FLIGHT DELAYS. THEY WON'T WAIT FOR YOU!

WE LEFT OUR HOTEL @10:30 AND WAS CHECKED IN AND EATING LUNCH IN THE WINDJAMMER BY NOON. YOU ARE ALLOWED IN YOUR ROOM STARTING AT @1:00 . OUR BAGS WHERE ALREADY ON OUR FLOOR, UNPACKED AND WAS AT THE POOL BY 2:00. BY FLYING IN THE DAY BEFORE YOU BASICALLY GET AN EXTRA DAY ON THE SHIP!

AS FAR AS GETTING OFF WE HAS A LATE COLOR LUGGAGE TAG AND WAS AT THE AIRPORT(MIA)BY 10:00. WE HAD RCI ARRANGE TRANSFERS TO THE AIRPORT($12.00)EACH. YOU CAN REQUEST AN EARLY COLOR OR LATE ALSO. JUST ASK YOUR CABIN STEWARD.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

EZEMONEY

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-20-2006, 06:20 PM

HELLO,

ONE MORE THING, DO THE SET SAIL PASS!!IT MAKE CHECKING IN A BREEZE! WOULD ALSO STRONGLY SUGGEST PASSPORTS!!YOU WILL NEED THEM FOR TRAVEL IN 2007. IT TAKES AT LEAST 2-3 MONTHS NOW TO GET THEM NOW. I WOULD IMAGINE THE WAIT WILL GET LONGER AS THE YEAR PASSES.

EZEMONEY

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-24-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sesh4:
Thank you, Karen. I'm sorry for not being clear. I want to make my flight reservations in order to allow for the latest allowable time to board the ship (in Port Canaveral), and also to allow enough time after debarkation on the last day - yes 2:00 sounds good. Just curious, how early do they allow boarding? Thanks again for your quick reply.
We are going on the same ship and same date, but our cruise departs from Miami!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:57 AM

Hi uksimonusa -- We are going on the same ship and same date, but our cruise departs from Miami!!! I gave the wrong port by mistake - I should have said the port is Miami. Thanks for the clarification.

Closed Thread

Tags
boarding, canaveral, caribbean, check, cruise, debarkation, delay, disembarkation, flight, majesty, port, royal, seaboarding, seas, ship, time