Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 AM

I sailed on Majesty of the Sea three years ago with my children. This spring I am sailing with my mother. I understand that the Majesty of the Sea was refurbished in the last three years. I was wondering if anyone who has sailed on it in recently could tell me what shows and activities are offered on Majesty of the Sea. I know it could change by March, but just trying to get a general idea. Anyone cruise on it before and after the updates and can tell me what is different? Thank you.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi kls,
Just cruised last weekend on Majesty of the Seas (3 nights CocoCay & Nassau). Prior to the cruise I was a little worried about the ship being too small and old as we had just sailed on Freedom of the Seas last February. I was very surprised to see how nice the ship was. Crossing the bridge into the Port of Miami and the ship stood proud amoungst the others. It still had that big feel without all the crowds. The clubs,bars, and restraurants were all very nice. My only and I mean very minor concern was that the rear elevator bank was always crowded. The forward elevator bank always seemed empty and very quick. The dining room was elegant but no central staircase as with the newer ships. Again it was a great cruise and would sail again on the ship. Crew & staff were terrific. Formal night was the second night and I would say that at least 70% were dressed up. I did see a guy with jeans and a t-shirt. Quest game show was great as always. Bingo, bellyflop contest, love & marriage game show, finsh that line, midnight buffet, tons of booze, rock wall, eating..all fun. There was more than enough to do. Getting off the boat was very very quick and our luggage was waiting for us unlike Freedom where we waited almost an hour for it to reach the terminal. I made a dvd with tons of pictures of the ship and our ports. If your interested I can send it to you. Have fun!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Hi kls.

I sailed on the Majesty back in October of 2007 for my first cruise. This was a great cruise and the ship is a beauty! Like 417rogers said, the elevators in the back of the ship seemed slow, and a long wait, but I wasn't letting that getting in the way of my cruise. Nice shops, lounges, and restaurants. Even though it's a relatively small (just over 2,000 passenger capacity I think) ship, it still took me most of the first day to realize where to go to my stateroom once I stepped off the elevator.

On this ship, personally I enjoyed Johnny Rockets, the rock wall, and the karaoke nights.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, 3night, caribbean, forum, majesty, march, quest, rci, reviews, royal, sea, seas