Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 07:30 PM

Hi i am a first time cruiser(29 yrs) and will be taking my mother and father (50 yrs old)and my brother (22 yrs). We want a short weekend trip and are trying to decide between carnival's paradise or royal's monarch. they are both priced about the same...in terms of cleanliness, activities, food, room size, customer service and decor...which should i purchase? i've read they both are kinda old looking so which is in better condition between the two? thanks!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi to You,

I was on the Monarch when it was brand new...but that was back in 1991...it's probably 7 or 8 years older than the Carnival ship...so I'm sure someone out there will give you some updated information....Have a great cruise no matter which ship you choose...Never a bad cruse, some are just better than others....

Bob E
Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 AM

Hi confused123, welcome to Cruise-Chat. What a fantastic family getaway. Both cruise lines offer a fantastic product. The rooms on Carnival will be a little larger, they're both about the same size as far as passenger capacity. There's plenty to do on both ships for the age groups in your party. So, it seems to boil down to, the best itinerary and price. You won't be disappointed with either ship. Best wishes and let us know what you decide. Once again, welcome aboard!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Paradise is a newer ship by a few years, one of many Fantasy-class ships built by Carnival. However age is not always a factor since all ships get freshened up with new furnishings, carpet, etc., every so often.

Using the items you listed, the only thing I can say is the Monarch standard cabins are 119 square feet, while the standard cabins on Paradise are 185 square feet. But bear in mind for a 3-night cruise the cabin size isn't a major factor. You also are rarely in the cabin. As they say, when the lights go out and you close your eyes, all cabins are the same size.

To be honest, the itineraries for both ships on the 3-night cruises isn't memorable, unless Ensenada excites you. Both itineraries are the same.

Monarch is being moved to Florida in the fall to replace the Sovereign in the popular Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral. Personally I'd do the Monarch before she leaves California.

Closed Thread

Tags
2009, carnival, monarch, paradise, port, seas