Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
I guess....I just don't know that bigger is better. I guess I'd try it once, but it looks more like a Vegas attraction than a cruise ship to me.
Which is exactly what RCI is hoping; that land vacationers will try out a cruise.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 PM

Really guys, how much do you think the cruise fair will be, sa a ball park figure? You that have sailed in the past on the first few sailings might have an idea? I have never compared before because I have not been cruising that long.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:16 PM

Also, the aqua theater, it looks like a place where they put on shows, but you can also swim?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I admit it... I was blown away. I doubt I'll cruise on her (never say never, though), yet I would jump at the chance for a ship tour.

Quote:
That is a mighty big open area they've got there! I wonder when the first goob will try to fly an ultra-light through it?
I was thinking the same thing. It reminded me of the Radisson Diamond, only upside down.

LisaP
Old 06-18-2008, 04:43 PM
It's a little over the top for my tastes . . . Like Penny says - - like Las Vegas. For me, if I want to go to the Big City, I'll go to the Big City. If I want to cruise, I'll go on a ship which will get me to where I want to visit. But to each his/her own - I'm sure it wouldn't be built if there were no expectations of filling it. Looks intriguing at the very least...
Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 PM

I wonder which will be more expensive. The traditional outside balcony, or the inside balcony overlooking the central park, with the ocean view out towards the aft. That's the way I understood it, an ocean view towards the aft. Is that right? They really seem to be hyping up their central park. I does look pretty cool. I personally think I would prefer the outside balcony. The ship will be so big, and your OV balcony can be your hideaway. Much more secluded, and intimate. Plus you can't beat, the feeling of sitting on your balcony, and looking out to the sea all the way to the horizon. Still, I am going to definately book her. We haven't done eastern carib, so whatever eastern carib itinerary they have, is what we'll do. Anybody have any scoop on the ports of call. I can't wait. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 AM
well dave you got the words right (wow). we better get saving now.
just when you thought things could not not get any better than the liberty.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:07 AM
i suppose by looking at the pics you could sit on your inside cabin balcony overlooking the park getting a good view of the aqua theater taking in a show.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:26 PM

Sandy-when you said Oasis would have an onboard zipline, it didn't quite sink in. But, I just read on RCCL press release section about Oasis, that it IS going to have a zipline NINE decks above the ship. Remember when Dave did his April fools joke about the "wow factor" and the Oasis having a soccer field. I said my wow factor, would be if they have a zipline over the ship, and massage tables on deck. I'm so excited, they caught my vibe. Imagine, what a view that will be. I'm just so excited, my wow factor came true. Lil' Lori

Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
An inside balcony cabin on Central Park may actually be more expensive and more desireable than an outside balcony! What an awesome ship-I am more than willing to give her a go!

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
cat, d1, detials, disembark, long, oasis, ots, seas