Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Anyone ever wonder why on this mega ship the Freedom of the Seas they didn't put a water slide on it??? Some of the reviews I've read some even say there are not enough elevators on the ship one would think a ship this size the designers would have thought of almost everything. I guess my main concern is will I enjoy myself on my first time cruise I am a 43 year old ( young) female who has never cruised and am just very concerned about having a greeat time.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-28-2006, 10:56 AM

Hi Spiritfilled,
Don't you think the Flowrider is enough? The kids have a water slide on some of the Radiance class ships. On the Freedom the kids the H2o zone, which is fantastic! Take a look... FREEDOM H2O ZONE
You are going to have the time of your life on your cruise! Don't worry about not having fun.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:59 AM

Yeah I am sure there is plenty of fun on the ship for you, if not having a waterslide ruins it for you, then you may have some kind of obsession with them...lol...just kidding...you have miniature golf, rock wall, ice skating rink, and as Sonny said the FlowRider...There is plenty to do while on the ship!! Sit back relax and enjoy your cruise!!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 PM

Actually I've thought the same thing but I guarantee you that you will have the time of your life on any Voyager Class Ship.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't get me wrong I was just wondering a water slide won't make or break my fun

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Administrator

I haven't been on all the RCCL ships, but I don't recall adult-sized water slides on any of them. RCCL would seem to have a corporate policy of not having slides. RCCL is all about the rock climbing walls! And the skating rinks! And the FlowRider!

My experiences with water slides have been with Carnival, and frankly I've found them to be a problematic attraction. They are closed more than they are open, long lines, water splashing out and onto unsuspecting passersby, and they sometimes have to be closed because of winds. And finally, people do get hurt in them. I strained my neck during a run in the slide on the Carnival Pride.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:34 PM

I didn't find a particular shortage in elevators when I was on Freedom of the Seas. Sure, if everyone is leaving the showroom at the same time, there could be crowds around some elevators, but with 3,000 passengers, that's to be expected.

The only problem I ran into with the elevators was debarkation after the cruise was over. I was sitting on the Promenade Deck, waiting to be let off the ship, and all the elevators coming from higher floors were full by the time they stopped on that floor. Eventually I took an elevator up and then down again...

Sandy
Old 08-28-2006, 02:44 PM

Dave- Bringing up the rock wall.. and the golf course and the ice rink.. All GREAT things for the family to have fun, but the wife asked a very good question when I was trying to use these things as justification at spending an extra $1600 for a Voyager class ship cruise (trying to get on the Liberty...)

Do they charge "extra" for using any of these? ( I know the Johnny Rockets is an extra fee) And for the rock wall, do they have dedicated crew for belaying? And finally, the ice rink- do they let you skate (assuming they "rent" skates if they do) when the shows are not being performed?
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-28-2006, 03:11 PM

While I know you directed this question to Dave, there is no extra charge for the rock wall, miniature golf course or ice skating. They do offer open skate sessions at various times during the cruise and provide skates (at no cost).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-28-2006, 04:36 PM

Dave,
In 1981 on the Festivale they closed the slide down for the day for another reason.------mooning.

Closed Thread

Tags
adult, carnival, cruise, dfw, flowrider, freedom, h20, rc, rock, ships, slide, slides, wall, water, waterslide, zone