Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2005, 01:30 PM

HELLO ALL... i am going to belize and cozumel in january and need to pick out my excursions...

which do you all recommend. I was thinking of doing the ruins in Belize or the Land Rover trip.

In Cozumel i was thinking of doing the horseback riding in the am and the snorkel/party boat in the afternoon...

we are totally open to suggestions - please share all stories and opinions.

The boat is the new enchantment of the seas.

thanks everyone!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 04:35 PM

I liked the cave tubing in Belize but I would rather have snorkeled on the reef. Kids wanted to cave tube- don't get me wrong, it was great. I would have taken a snorkel excursion offered by the cruise line that had a boat pull right alongside the ship. The tenders were a pain.

Cozumel: we took a taxi to Chankanaab Park. Then we hung out in Cozumel. It was great, but I was traveling with four kids- three ports- so I wanted one day that was low maintenance. If I had been with my older kids only, or an adult, or had only two ports of call, I would have done something a little more aggressive.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:37 PM

We did the snorkeling in Belize and they brought their boat right up to the ship. It was Alot of fun and it turned into the Major party boat on the way home but the island is TINEY and I mean really TEEEEENEY~! There were three boats of people there and barely room for everyone to sit their booties down on shore. We are visiting Belize again in April but we are going to go cave tubing.
We went to Paradise Island in Cozumel(different from Paradise Beach) and we loved it. The island was clean and beatiful and they had an awesome homemade mexican buffet for lunch. The only drawback was it wasn't long enough. They did pinata's with mexican candy in them for the kids and unlimited alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks were included. The excursion was 5 hours and it did give us plenty of shopping time back at the port. We are considering going there again in April.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-25-2005, 09:26 AM

swimmers must have gone to an island in Belize. Belize, the country, is not an Island. It really depends on where your excursion is going. I thought that all ships docked in Belize City, which is not on an Island.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 AM

We were tendered to a tiny little island to go snorkeling. We were there most of the day and never actually went onto Belize. I want to go cave tubing when we are there in April.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-25-2005, 12:38 PM

We are going to try the Shark Ray Alley tour from our ship. Decided to book on board because of the distance travelled by small boat and time frame, don't want to miss the cruise ship on return. Gives some swim time, some shore time, seems like good variety.

Closed Thread

Tags
alley, belize, boat, caribbean, carnival, cozumel, cruise, drinking, excursion, excursions, ray, reviews, royal, shark, shopping