Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006, 03:11 PM

If anyone can help that would be great, just got back from a cruise yesterday. (Princess-Caribbean had a great time) looking to book real soon for my next cruise. I have been on carnival once and princess twice and really want to book on royal caribbean. Could anyone recommend which ship to go on first? My husband and I really like activities that go on the ship, plus shows are very important? There are alot of r/c ships. Any recommendations and/or pros and cons would be great?

Thanks
Kelly
Old 03-19-2006, 03:11 PM

If anyone can help that would be great, just got back from a cruise yesterday. (Princess-Caribbean had a great time) looking to book real soon for my next cruise. I have been on carnival once and princess twice and really want to book on royal caribbean. Could anyone recommend which ship to go on first? My husband and I really like activities that go on the ship, plus shows are very important? There are alot of r/c ships. Any recommendations and/or pros and cons would be great?

Thanks
Kelly
Old 03-19-2006, 06:14 PM

Hands down Explorer of the Seas! Nuff said!
Old 03-22-2006, 02:42 PM

I would highly recomment any "Voyager" class ship. The ice show will blow your mind! The Freedom of the seas will be sailing in June and that will top any ship on any ocean. I'll be taking a short cruise on it in May and will be posting pictures. I just booked a rare deal on the Voyager of the seas for Dec 9th this year. A 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise with a balcony for a TOTAL coast of $1,640 for both me and my wife. Look for deals, they're out there.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Wow. 31 cruises.....that is amazing!
I am curious. When you say look for cruise deals, where do you find them. RCCL said they have the lowest prices and they will match any price found lower. I have already gotten one price reduction from RCCL because the original booking price was reduced. Are there any other "secret" places to look? Have you been on the Mariner yet? I didn't see any pictures of that ship posted on your website.
Thanks for helping all of us cruise novices.
Trish
Old 03-22-2006, 08:35 PM

Hi Thish,
I didn't get a digital camera until I sailed on the Monarch. That's why you don't see any other ship galleries. Yes, I was on the mariner. I had cabin 1688 which is a Cat. D1 aft with a balcony deck 10 on the starboard corner. The cabin is bigger than other D1 cabins because of the corner layout. About 6 feet wider.
I am a Diamond Plus Member of the Crown & Anchor Society (after 24 cruises)so I can call and get the latest prices. Prices change daily. My travel agent alway matched those prices with out me telling her the price I got from the Diamond Plus Desk. Now that's a good travel agent! So you might say I have a "secret agent" What catagory is your cabin? I had an E1 corner on the Navigator deck 8 and it wasn't as big as a D1. I think I just remembered your cabin is between a corner cabin and a junior suite on deck 7 which would be a E1(let me know if I'm wrong). You will love it.
I'm excited about getting a preview cruise on the Freedom on May 19th. It's a 2 night cruise and I hope to get lots of pictures to share. Keep in touch for those. My email is on my photo site. You probably saw the picture of my wife and I at the introduction. If not..

www.sonnyv.smugmug.com
Old 03-25-2006, 04:55 PM

Hi Sonny,
We have an aft cabin (7690). You are correct, it is an E1. I have found one price reduction on RCCL site and they honored it. You and your wife are one lucky couple. I don't know what's better...being a diamond plus member, or taking the 24 cruises required to get there
I don't think we will ever make it to your level. I probably would, but there are too many places my husband wants to see. Although I do think he would be up for a future Alaskan cruise. He spent a month there when he was 16 with his uncle on a Airforce base. We actually considered it this time, but would rather do it when we have a full two weeks.Our nine year old daughter is going with us and she is so excited after checking out the ship and all the programs they offer to kids. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of the Freedom. Thanks again for taking the time to write all of us.
Trish
Old 03-26-2006, 10:09 AM

I just completed a cruise on the R/C Mariner today (Eastern Caribbean). Thought it was fabulous. Highly recommend.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:41 PM

JUST GOT OFF MAJESTY OF THE SEAS. COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY BETTER..SHE IS IN GREAT SHAPE!
THE PORTS WERE GREAT WITH COCOACAY AND KEY WEST THE BEST.THE WEATHER WAS PERFECT!

GREAT CRUISING!
EZEMONEY

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
7690, cabin, explorer, seas