Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 PM

Hello,

My brother and I are taking the Vision of the Seas Alaska cruise leaving on September 1st, and since we've never cruised before, I wanted to get some feedback from anyone who may have done this trip, or at least sailed on this particular ship. I just want to have some idea what sort of atmosphere to expect on board, and get a feel for what the entertainment, food, dress code, etc. was like. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:03 PM

We're taking this cruise in June - will check back with our observations...

LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008
Old 05-15-2006, 03:25 PM

We were on Princess in Alaska in July 04. Be sure to bring fleece, hats, gloves, a nylon shell and some warm shirts. It is an incredibly beautiful place -- enjoy every minute!

On Princess we did not bring "formalwear" - my husband and son wore suits, my daughter and I wore nice dress/skirt outfits for the formal evening(s). Otherwise, dinners were "nice casual" clothes, slacks w/ a blazer or sweater. Have a great time!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:32 PM

Those things bonnielady brought for formal nights will work on Royal Caribbean too. If you want to avoid dressing up altogether, you will have to eat in the buffet area on formal nights. Jeans are not allowed in the dining room at dinnertime (ok for breakfast and lunch, though.)

Wear layers in Alaska, as the temperatures could be anywhere from 50s to 70s, possibly even low 80s. Expect rain (and if you get sunny days, it will feel like a bonus! ) Bring binoculars too, if you can (small ones will travel easier). Have a great time!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I was on the Vision a couple years ago to Mexico. It is a lovely ship. The great thing about this ship to Alaska is it has a indoor pool. Doubt you will get much use of the outdoor pool in Alaska. The entertainment was the best I have seen on a ship. They had a singer impersonator who was absolutely wonderful. I hope you will have the fortune to see this man. The Platters performed on the last formal night. The food was the best I have had on a cruise ship.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:27 PM

We just got back on June 30. It rained in Juneau, but a poncho or similar rain cover was perfect, even for the whale-watching tour. Daily high temps ranged from 50-58 with lows in upper 40's. Skagway was sunny - same temps. Icy Strait Point was charming, with overcast skies. The inner passage was breathtaking. Victoria's gardens are not to be missed. The Vision was looking good, food was good and service was wonderful. I predict you will have a great time.

Let us know if you had any questions.

LL
Navigator - E. Caribbean - 11/2006
Vision - West Coast Repo - 4/2007
Grandeur - Canada/N.E. - 9/2007
Voyager of the Seas -"R"W. Caribbean - 1/2008

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, cruise, seas, vision