Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM

Hi- We are leaving in 10 days..YEAH.. and i have just a quick question. Can anyone tell me about the bedding on the mariner? We are in a D2 cabin. I know thuis sounds silly to the regulars, but do you guys know how often they change the blankets and spreads? Are the beds triple sheeted?(so the blanket isn't against your actual face?) Hey, we all have our little quirks, right?
Anything else i should know while packing..This is mine and DH's first time in 14 years away for a week without 3 kids !!! woo hoo. So I am a little anxious. Any tips would be greatly appreciated !!!!
Thanks-
Tracey
Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 AM

I was on Mariner in Sept. for a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean! It was wonderful & the ship is amazing! I had been on one other cruise years ago & the bedding wasn't so great. It was quite the opposite on Mariner! I too hate to have those blankets directly on my skin. As far as if they were triple sheeted, I'm not sure; but they did change them every day.(I'm sure b/c I always seemed to get make-up all over mine.) The mattress was great too...we slept like babies all week & even took the occasional nap during the day. (b/c we had an inside cabin it was pitch black when we turned off the lights!) Hope you have a wonderful trip! Make sure to see the sun rise at least once! We went to the very front of the ship every morning & watched..it was breathtaking. (& nobody else ever seemed to be up there.)
Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM

Cant tell you about the bedding except i dont think you will have a problem at all. the ship is fabulous and the staff goes above and beyond. you cant help but have a great time. be sure and enjoy the promenade and the cafe. it is a great place to watch people. have a super trip
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM

Tracey-

I am pretty certain they use a bottom sheet, a top sheet and then the blanket/spread. So I think you are ok. They change the sheets every couple of days.

I am not sure if they change out the blanket/spread after each cruise or not. I think they do, but I have never hung around long enough on the return to see for sure.

I'm sure someone knows....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Don't know how often they change sheets, etc., but everything always seems very clean. I cruised with Carnival once and was really surprised at the difference in the standard for cleanliness. Dingy sheets and towels really bother me.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
You will be very happy in Mariner OTS-she is the newest of the Voyager Class Ships, and, as said before, she is very well taken care of by her staff and crew. Your cabin steward will do almost everything they can to ensure that your cruise is the very best it can be.
I will say this, that IF there is anything you want changed in you cabin, such as sheets or blankets, pillows, etc., mearly tell your cabin person and it WILL be done. I remember that when it came to towels for the bathroom, the crew asks that, you try to stretch out your towels use, so they don't have to wash them as often (since you towel off AFTER the shower, you should be clean, and the towel mearly wet).
The beds are very comfortable, and can be set up as one large bed, or two singles, your choice.
We are going on our third cruise on Mariner in Sept this year-she's a great ship.
Have a great time!!!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks for all your input- you guys are great.

Closed Thread

Tags
blankets, caribbean, cruises, reviews, royal