Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 08:46 PM

To all you experienced cruisers out there I know you've heard this question a million times but....how big (or small) are the Oceanview Staterooms on Explorer of the Seas? Is there really enough space for 2 people & are there any special tips on how to pack/unpack to minimize space. Going on my first cruise Nov 4 2007. Thanks !
Old 02-13-2007, 02:16 AM
Administrator

About 180 square feet for the oceanviews. Plenty of room for two people.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:32 AM

You can go on RCCL's website to see pictures of the staterooms. We slide our luggage under the bed after unpacking. When you pack, put your clothes in plactic bags to prevent wrinkling. Most people over pack. My wife and I have been on over 30 cruises, and she still over packs. You won't see your luggage until later in the afternoon, so if you need to have anything, pack it in your carry-on luggage. The ship has shops where you can buy items you may have forgotten.

Sonny
Old 02-17-2007, 09:51 AM

We just came back. Had 2 adults an 11 and a 2 year old. We had plenty of room. We definatley couldn't ballroom dance but there was plenty of room. We used the closet and hung most of our stuff. Our luggage was a set so all of the smaller cases fit into the larger one and we put it in the closet.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:26 PM
We have always had 4 people in our category H-ocean view stateroom. we bring our two children, now 17 and 22. it is tight but as the other posts say, if you nestle your luggage, place it under the bed, make optimum use of the closet and drawer space, it is doable. we always dress in shifts and everyone has to pick up after themselves. Men dress first then we slow poke women. the men can amuse themselves by wandering around the ship while we get beauiful.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-19-2007, 10:32 AM

A good piece of advice I'm sure you've already read is to take one of those plastic hanging shoe holders to hang on the bathroom door. All kinds of items (toiletries, hair brushes, suntan lotion, etc.)fit into the pockets, keeping cabin clutter to a minimum.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:50 AM

Hanging one of those in the bathroom helps a lot. One in your closet for shoes and other small items. We use our carry on to store items too. It slide in and out from under the bed easy. I like those magnetic hooks for when you're getting ready. You can hang clothes anywhere in your cabin.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, carnival, cruise, dimensions, large, line, norweigan, ocean, size, sizes, stateroom, staterooms, view