Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Naigator of the Sea's on Oct 14th (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/28126-naigator-seas-oct-14th.html)

lola-1 08-03-2006 10:20 AM

Anyone sailing on Navigator of the Sea's on October 14th out of Miami (western). This is my first time on this ship. Any information .....

Elizabeth the 1st 08-03-2006 11:41 AM

I just went on NOS and got back on July 29th. My very first cruise and loved it! What were you looking to find out?

lola-1 08-03-2006 12:08 PM

What excursions did you do and how were they. We want to do the ATV's n cozumel and Jet ski's in Labadee. Not sure yet on any thing else.

Elizabeth the 1st 08-03-2006 12:31 PM

We did not do any booked excursions. But I have to say that if I had to do it all over again I would have booked things to do in Ocho Rio's Jamaica and in George town, Grand Caymen.

We loved the beach in Labadee (Hideaway Beach was the best as far as less people). They also have an adventure area for younger people with "icebergs" to climb and slide and water trampolines to jump on and off of. Lots that we saw just walking around.

We loved Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Had the same sort of water activities that you could use for a $7 fee and you could rent jet ski's there as well, but I am unsure of the cost.

Found that there was not much to do in the other ports (Jamaica and Grand Caymen) unless you booked an excursion. In those ports we took time to do shopping and cabs to do sight seeing like Dunn river falls (we did not climb due to leg problem, but it was beautiful). We also went to The Ruin's which has a beautiful water fall right out on the back deck. There was a lot of rebuilding going on, so you should book for those two ports if you can instead, But of course that is just my opinion.

We had a great time no matter what we did. The ship is fabulous and we could have spent a whole week just exploring there. The shows were great as was the food.

You will have a great time.

If you are not a beach person (or people) book the excursions, people we went with loved the jet ski's. No one I know did the ATV's, so I can't help you there.

Elizabeth the 1st 08-04-2006 04:52 AM

Well to be fair, it did rain w/ the worst thunder and lightning on our trip to grand caymen, so we were not really able to do anything much there.

jwkick 08-10-2006 05:13 PM

hi. we are going on the oct.14th cruise also. it is my wife ,9 year old daughter, and 6 year son. we have been on disney the last 2 years,but this my mom's farovite ship and sge was going to go but can not. she said this ship is great and we will have a great time.

lola-1 08-15-2006 01:07 PM

I hope the weather will hold out for us. I think the ship is completely filled up. Your kids will have a blast. We took our girls 9 and 11 on a 10 day Christmas/new years cruise in 2005 and they had a ball. But no kids this trip, mom and dad are on a honeymoon.

jwkick 08-15-2006 09:10 PM

we went last year during oct and the week after the hurricane that hit cozumel. i can't remeber the name of it!!! so we went eastern instead of western which is okay i do not care where we go as long as we are sailing. hopefully the weather will cooperate as i would like to go back to caymen again