Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Wine they will charge a cork fee. Liquor they WILL confiscate. Don't try to 'hide' it either. Many people in the past have gotten away with it & now they are hip to the way people 'hide' their liquor. A friend of my mother-n-law had her scotch taken away just last week. You can also get denied boarding (at your expense) for such actions. So beware!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2007, 11:27 AM

Allygirl (great name),
Thank you for the warning, but GC said that they may let you take it to your cabin. So, what I had in mind is bring it a carry it with me, If they take it that would be fine. But, if a make it "Scotch free", that's exactly what I'll have .
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Administrator

It does depend on both the day and the demeanor of the purchaser. On our most recent cruise, early on the last day, I went to the liquor store to buy some rum to bring home. In front of me was a younger couple who had ordered booze and desperately wanted to know when it would be delivered. It was obvious they had been having a good time by the pool bar. The clerk told them it wouldn't be delivered until that evening and they left. I was now the only passenger in the store. He took my order and boxed it up - and said I could take it with me if I wished. He did put it in a bag though, I assume to keep others from noticing.

But this is no guarantee it'll ever happen again.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 AM

Nica, I just noticed that you are leaving on the Mariner on May 20th? Our cruise leaves on May 13th so we shall probably pass each other when we return. I am so looking forward to this cruise for 2 reasons. Its our very first and our son is getting married while we are in St Thomas. What an exciting trip!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:04 PM

prairygirl,
I am very excited about this cruise. I can't wait to see my wife on those ice skates. If you are familiar with the show "friends", there is an episode in which phoebe runs in the park with Rachel. Well, that is a little visual of how I picture my wife on ice skates . I know our children are looking forward to ice skating for the first time.
You need to take a back to back cruise and come with us. Just prolong your vacation a little longer, the laughter will be well worth it.
No, I am not laughing at my wife. I am not that insensitive. I am laughing with her. She can laugh at her lack of coordination just as much as I do.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 PM

Be aware that if you're flying home after the cruise, some airlines prohibit booze. Some prohibit it as a carry-on some don't even allow it in the cargo hold anymore. Find out about the regulations on the airline you're flying before you buy something to take home.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-22-2007, 04:44 PM

On a funny side note last time I flew I forgot the take the fingernail clippers out of my doc kit. I thought I was going to be arrested! They made a huge deal out of it and detained me for a while. When I boarded the flight (I was for a change flying first class) and they served the food they gave me a knife to cut me steak! A real one, not a plastic trinket. Stainless stell, serrated blade. I was in shock and still am. Some of the security measures make you scratch your head.

Cheers, Neil
Old 04-22-2007, 04:59 PM

TrvlPro,
I guess they think you can make alot more damage with a pair of clippers than with a serrated knife . If I see you coming with a pair of clippers I'll beware. Also, I did not know that they were getting so strict that they don't allow booze in the cargo. I don't get it.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Closed Thread

Tags
board, carnival, cruise, doty, duty, dutyfree, free, glory, liquor, mariner, navigator, onboard, prices, sea, seas, ship, victory