Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM

There have been other discussions, but I just want to put it out there. My wife and I are on the AOS on a balcony on deck six. We spent our honeymoon on a balcony on deck ten this past June. Will we really see or feel a difference. I may have sometime to switch, but I need honest opinions.
Thanks,
Marc
Old 01-31-2008, 05:41 PM

It depends on where on the ship your cabin is. I personally like to be mid-ship, but I wouldn't think that you will feel much difference.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM

We are near the front of the ship, about 25 rooms in front of the bump. The movement of the ship where we are doesn't bother me, rather the view and the whole "no glass" thing I have heard about.
Marc
Old 01-31-2008, 09:54 PM

Marcus--I've been in a lot of balcony cabins, and in my opinion the lower glass panel doesn't really matter. If it wasn't brought to your attention, I don't think you'd even notice.

Sonny

Old 02-01-2008, 04:57 AM

The guru has spoken! Thanks Sonny. You you don't see a difference, then I am all set. Thanks again.
Marc
Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 AM
You will not have any problem the AOS is so big that you will not feel is even moving
I remember that the first night I was on my cabin I went out and on the elevator ask someone:

Do you know when we are going to left port??

I was use to the carnival destiny they left port between 9 to 10 pm.
For my surprise he told me we already left the San Juan port!!!
Also is a Great ship if you want any info on the ports of call or the ship please let me know...
Old 02-01-2008, 06:27 AM

Casanova,
This will actually be the second time on this ship. We loved it so much we are going again! We are going on the Aruba leg this time, but last time we did the Antigua leg. We have been to Aruba, so my only question, port wise, what is there to do on Curacao?
Marc
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Well I was on curacao
I took the a mix tour first I went to the "explorer submarine" is a great experience you can go and see the underwater life,
after that can see the island something like "views of curacao" you go to their RUM factory, so you can buy there a few mixed flavors of their rum they even give you free sample small but you get the idea,
Plus you can buy small ones easy to fit on your bag maybe even, if you have the courage, take it to your cabin...
And also they let you experience the island views and buy a few things if you want a see and sea experience that's the tour problem is no beach time that's the only problem...
Old 02-11-2008, 03:25 PM

So I caved. After thinking about it for a while, I upgraded from deck 6 to deck 10. I really did enjoy the extra few feet of glass to look down at the water last year, plus being 4 more stories up will be good to lookout when in port. Plus with having two full days at sea, it was worth the extra $. Thanks for all your opinions!
Marc
Old 02-11-2008, 04:22 PM

Marcus I think you made a good choice. Have a great vacation!

Thanks again, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
aos, bump, cabins, caribbean, deck, royal