Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM

Has anyone been on the oasis of the seas when it was at capicity? I noticied someone in this chat has been on the cruise, but it was only half full. I am scheduled on the oasis in 2 weeks and want to know what to expect.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
can you wait to make a dinner reservation when you get on the ship?
Yes, but you might be disappointed with what is left for choices. On my Oasis cruise there were many passengers who couldn't get a reservation at Chops because it was booked up, mostly from on-line reservations. Supposedly they cut off on-line bookings at 75% capacity so they have 25% left for people to reserve while aboard. It didn't work that way on my cruise.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Has anyone been on the oasis of the seas when it was at capicity? I noticied someone in this chat has been on the cruise, but it was only half full. I am scheduled on the oasis in 2 weeks and want to know what to expect.
The official story is the cruise line is ramping up to full capacity. I am not sure if it has sailed with more than 5000 people yet, let alone the double occupancy rate of 5400 passengers. In other words, your question is likely unexplored country. Given the time of your cruise, I'd say you will not be at capacity since it is after the holidays and families can't afford it or the time to do it.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:25 PM

This may have already been addressed and I missed it, but...

With the strong emphasis on making reservations I forsee people making reservations and then not attending, Any idea how they will handle this? I assume there will be no penalty for not showing up and the empy seats will just be filled during the open seating period just before the start of the venue?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Administrator

There is no penalty since the shows do not cost extra. Only those with reservations are allowed in until it is 10 minutes before the start time. At that point it is open seating and if you had a reservation it is no longer valid. So if they fill up and you had a reservation it is "too bad". You can still try to get another reservation if the show is going to be presented again.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Quick question....We are booked for the August 29th sailing of Oasis....does anyone know when they will open up the reservations for the shows? Currently the website states:

"Entertainment reservations for your cruise are not available at this time. Please visit our web site closer to your sail date."

How many months in advance? I don't want to miss out on the bookings. Thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM

Probably 90 days out. But keep checking.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator

I believe it is 90 days prior to the cruise, and after you have made final payment.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm off and sailing on the Oasis in 25 days...wowowo....When I booked, I wanted to go on Jan. 9th....My TA said it was fully booked, except for a few BIG suites until into Feb. I did get an ocean view on the 3rd deck.....but I'm on the ship and don't care where I sleep...Dave, I see you are the only one so far to write a review....I will add one when I get back...It's been below zero for the last 4 days in MN and I'm READY to get outta here...

Bob E
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Have a great cruise, Bob. You'll be impressed by the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
15, caribbean, comedians, compass, cruise, ins, laps, mile, motter, number, oasis, outs, paul, reviews, royal, seas